Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
babyface
Casting On

Hi From Sweden and Florida!
Hi guys

I know sweden and florida may be confusing but I'll explain. I actually live in sweden but I'm in the USA right now.
I have always loved the art of knitting! I still remember the first time I tried knitting, it was a chilly winter in sweden, I saw my friend knitting a scarf for a project, I asked her to teach me and I started learning it on my own and before I knew it, I had a beautiful scarf which I cherish waiting to be used for the winter! sadly that's the only thing I know how to knit (for now!)

I am a successful entrepreneur that runs my own web developing firm that specializes in building websites for all sorts of business and SEO (making sites pop up first when someone searches google for certain phrases)

I am good at what I do so I have a lot of time to learn how to knit. my goal is to learn to knit a winter hat before the summer ends! I look forward to adding to this amazing community, feel free to message me for any reason!"
babyface is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,306 Posts
Hi and welcome. A hat for next winter sounds terrific. You might want to check out ravelry.com, it's free to join, and you can access more patterns there than anyone could ever use.

You can't knit the left sock first. Ever.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Antares
Working the Gusset

Welcome to KH (and to Florida). You'll find lots of very helpful information and talented people at KH. So don't hesitate to ask questions and request advice.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,831 Posts
Hi and welcome to KH! There are lots of great patterns to knit to stay cozy and warm in Sweden and many that are very useful in Florida too. Glad you came to visit.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
sweetpea63
Casting On

confused
I am new to this website and I have to admit, I am a little confused on how to post here. Started looking for answers to a couple of questions and realized there were forums here. I thought it would be nice to meet some people and have some friendly conversation. I am not sure if I am doing doing this right or not. Live and learn right? so if there is anyone that can help me out with this that would be great, thanks.
sweetpea63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,831 Posts
I've seen your posts, so probably you've already figured out how to. At the beginning of each separate forum is an orange buttong to use to start a new thread. In each thread there is also an orange button to use to reply to the thread or, in each post there's a small button at the bottom of the post for replies. Welcome to KH!
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
sweetpea63
Casting On

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
I've seen your posts, so probably you've already figured out how to. At the beginning of each separate forum is an orange buttong to use to start a new thread. In each thread there is also an orange button to use to reply to the thread or, in each post there's a small button at the bottom of the post for replies. Welcome to KH!
thank you, yes I figured it out
sweetpea63 is offline   Reply With Quote