Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Wow I've never had Simply soft get tangled up when ripping it out and I've done that many times. It's usually the fuzzy yarns that get stuck together. It usually goes better when you knit a project the second time though.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #12
amethystlady2
Casting On

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Wow I've never had Simply soft get tangled up when ripping it out and I've done that many times. It's usually the fuzzy yarns that get stuck together. It usually goes better when you knit a project the second time though.
You are so right Sue. I also am incorporating a different pattern into the Martha poncho...found an eyelet pattern that is working out much better (for me) and incorporating that into the scalloped edge that M's poncho calls for...its also helping me do the increasing and decreasing on the same row with far fewer yo's and double work into the yo...this eyelet pattern I found does a lot of the same stuff without as many fancy k&p' s into the yo...I think that's where I messed up the first time...found this one very long stitch way down at the beginning of the Mock Granny stitches...and it went on over several rows....I don't know how I did that but I have started making flowers and leaves to cover my other goofs...and I have invented an added attraction for another poncho I have to sew up...this is causing my back to ache so I try not to do too much of the intricate patterns when it gets late at night...
Oh, I'm not telling what my 'added attraction' is until I get that other piece sewn together and my labels sewn in...I love that there are fabric labels...that is just too cool...
Now, I'm going to go play a game or two then hit the sack...need to lie down and ease my back pain...
Aloha~
amethystlady2 is offline   Reply With Quote