Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Beautiful work - lucky DD!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
livn4them
Ribbing the Cuff

Oh....I LOVE it!!!!! You did a beautiful job
livn4them is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to livn4them For This Useful Post:
MerigoldinWA (05-06-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Judy, you are truly a knitting savant! You look great in DD's sweater and headband! Kudos!!!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #14
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,191 Times in 2,695 Posts
Absolutely stunning! The headband is marvelous, a wonderful and creative way to use up the extra yarn. You look so good in that green, you need to have something for yourself in the same color. I really hope it fits your daughter to her liking but if not, she has to give it back! She'll like it.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #15
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Thanks GrumpyGramma. I have liked green for a long time but not been attracted to this shade that much. But I thought it looked good on me too. I have a daughter who does testing to see what colors look good on you, but I've never had her do me. So I don't have "my palette", but it looks good to me.

DD does like it so I don't think I'm getting it back. DH said I should make one for myself as well. Even though it means I'd need more yarn. Love him.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Oh my gosh, Judy, it is just beautiful and the headband looks just as great. Your dd is going to love it for sure!
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nonny2t For This Useful Post:
MerigoldinWA (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
Thanks GrumpyGramma. I have liked green for a long time but not been attracted to this shade that much. But I thought it looked good on me too. I have a daughter who does testing to see what colors look good on you, but I've never had her do me. So I don't have "my palette", but it looks good to me.

DD does like it so I don't think I'm getting it back. DH said I should make one for myself as well. Even though it means I'd need more yarn. Love him.
Do you mean what season you are? Do they still do that? I was told I was a summer and then a shy winter, whatever that means. I only know I prefer and look best in colors with blue undertones and now, a few years older, I'm turning into a pastel person and look best in pastels. Bummer.

Great minds think alike! I agree with your sweetie and think you should get some yarn for yourself. I you don't want "Mommy and Me" sweaters you could use a different pattern. Sounds to me like you were granted a license to indulge yourself and it would be a crime not to use it!

Someday I hope to be able to knit as beautifully as you do.

GG

The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
MerigoldinWA (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
GrumpyGramma, yes it does have seasons in the names of all the groupings. I don't know if they still do it or not, but I think so. DD never did it professionally, she only took the training so she could do it for her personal use. I know she has done her sisters and maybe a few others.

I have always liked to use some color. My mother liked bright colors, she used to call them "happy" colors. The daughter I made the green sweater for used to wear almost all neutral colors and I wished she would wear some color. I told her recently that I was glad to see she was starting to wear some "happy" colors.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #19
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,779 Times in 7,145 Posts
Interesting about the colors. I know that I look bad in green or yellow, but pretty good in pinky colors and blues. I've always avoided blue like the plague because my mother loved blue (blue carpet, furniture, walls..eek) and I was totally blued out for years. I'd like to have my colors done some time, but at least I know what basically to look for.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Quote:
I'd like to have my colors done some time, but at least I know what basically to look for.
Jan, what it basically boils down to is do you look better in warm or cool colors...I'd guess that for you it is cool colors because you said "pinky colors and blues." If I'm really, really lucky I can find a yellow that works for me but it can't be orangey at all. Lemon yellow, I think. Some greens have more yellow in them than blue. I find reds particularly tricky...not as bad as yellow which I've basically given up on...because they tend to be orangey reds. Once upon a time I had a book that told how to do it yourself at home. I found out what I already knew, blues, pinks, no earthy colors, no fall colors. Most people, I've read, are attracted more to the colors that they wear well. I can't tell for sure from the picture of MerigoldinWA's picture whether her green is warmer or cooler.