Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
LongShanks
Ribbing the Cuff

Has anyone tried the Cubic by Knitters Pride?

Hear Hooves think horses.
LongShanks is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,596 Posts
Originally Posted by LongShanks View Post
Has anyone tried the Cubic by Knitters Pride?
Yes. I have one set in size 3, not interchangeable but fixed circs. I like them. Someone else has some (that's how I found out about them) so I look forward to seeing what she has to say. I haven't yet tried the inerchangeable ones but I think they'd be great. I'm not sure I'd like them for everything but for small needles I find them easier to hold. I wasn't happy with the first cubics I got, contacted the company, they sent a replacement and paid return postage on the ones I was unhappy with. I was well satisfied with the customer service.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Antares
Working the Gusset

I just bought four pairs of the fixed cubics circular needles (the smaller sizes in wood). Then I had to find a pattern to use a pair of them on (that IS the way you're supposed to do it, right--get needles, find pattern to use them on???).

Anywho, so far, I'm loving them! I can't tell that they cause "less hand fatigue" as the site claims, but they are very nice to work with. Plus, the wood ones have definitely helped even out my stitches.

I've not tried the interchangeable ones, but I imagine they're comparable to the fixed cubics. I did find a rough spot on one of my cords, but I smoothed it out with a fingernail, and the yarn is sliding right along now. I would recommend trying them. Webs may even have a try it set where you can just purchase a few of the interchangeable ones. If you don't like them, you can probably easily sell them to someone here or on eBay!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,596 Posts
Quote:
Webs may even have a try it set where you can just purchase a few of the interchangeable ones.

WEBS has the sampler set and you can try the Cubics in it. The set I got didn't have the Cubics, I should have chosen the one that does. The problem I had was that the join with the cable caught the yarn too much, but as I said, they sent me a replacement.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote