Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Luvlythreads
Casting On

from an experienced knitters pov, should I rip it all out again and start from the beginning? Or should I go down to row 15 to get the bobble out and try again? I'm not sure im ripping out effectively either, I take it off the needle pull the thread out and try to re thread on to the needle..ugh
Luvlythreads is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Go back to row 15, I think you haven't been doing the bobbles right. To k yo k or p yo p into one stitch, k/p into it, leave it on the needle, wrap the yarn around the needle for the yo, then k/p into the same stitch again.

To rip out, I take out to the end of the row I need to fix, then put the sts back on the needle one by one as I take out that last row stitch by stitch. It's a lot easier than trying to get the needle into the loops, though it helps if you use one a couple three sizes smaller.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
Luvlythreads (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
Luvlythreads
Casting On

I got it!! thank you ladies! That was driving me insane!
Luvlythreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I'm an Eastern European knitter and hold my yarn in the left hand like a Continental knitter would. What I do is to hold the YO in place with my right index finger on top of the right needle as I make the next stitch. This would work for the p1, yo,p1. As for the pattern, maybe you wrote it down incorrectly. Then again, sometimes patterns are just plain wrong. Patterns have errors in them all the time which the pattern companies and publishers don't always correct. Stitch counts listed in the pattern are sometimes wrong. If all else fails, look at the picture and see if you can recreate the pattern with a few adjustments. It sounds to me as if it's only off maybe two or three stitches. Another thing you can do is to visit your LYS, local yarn store. One of the knowledgeable clerks may be able to get you over the hump.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote