Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Der1mom
Casting On

Purl YO Knit YO Purl
Hi everyone! I ho;pe all are having a great week. I need help to perform a YO. I have 207 stitches on my needles. The pattern is as follows:
Next row: (RS). K2. yo. Purl to center marked st. yo. K1. yo. Purl to last 2 sts. yo. K2. 211 sts.
I have been on You Tube, I have read blogs. None of these seem to be specific to what I need. I am not an expert. This is my first try at a lace pattern. I really need detaile info on how to perform this and have 211 stitches when I get to the end.
I would appreciate any help and I will give any more info if you need it.
Thank you,
Dana
Der1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Okay to do a yo from a purl to knit you would just lay the yarn loosely over the top of the needle to the back and knit the stitch. From a knit to a purl you wrap the yarn all the way around just like you would for a knit stitch, then bring the yarn to the front between the needles to purl.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Antares
Working the Gusset

Also note that you are adding 4 stitches (the yo's) to the 207 stitches to get your 211 sts. Remember that YO's do not use a stitch to make a new stitch.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antares For This Useful Post:
suzeeq (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Der1mom
Casting On

Purl YO K1 YO Purl
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Okay to do a yo from a purl to knit you would just lay the yarn loosely over the top of the needle to the back and knit the stitch. From a knit to a purl you wrap the yarn all the way around just like you would for a knit stitch, then bring the yarn to the front between the needles to purl.
Okay! Thank you for your answer. However, I am not getting 211 stitches doing it this way. If I double wrap each YO I can get 211
but I do not want to if this is incorrect. I am between a rock and a hard place. Do you have any other suggestions. Should I do the double wrap?
Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Der1mom
Casting On

Purl YO K1 YO Purl
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Also note that you are adding 4 stitches (the yo's) to the 207 stitches to get your 211 sts. Remember that YO's do not use a stitch to make a new stitch.
Thank you for your reply. I think I understand what you are saying.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I'm not sure what you mean by 'double wrap'. It may seem as though you're going around the needle twice doing the yo from knit to purl, but it's really only 1 times, there's one loop on the needle. With yarn in back from the knit stitch, bring it to the front between the needles and wrap around the needle to the back again, then bring it to the front between the needles.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
Der1mom (06-06-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Der1mom
Casting On

YO Purl YO KNIT YO Purl
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
OMgoodness! I finally got it. I am so thankful for your patience. I had forgotten the YO at the beginning and at the end. I went back and did the row as you instructed and like the pattern told me (LOL) and my count was correct
Thank you again!