I posted at the beginning of May that I'd finished a dress for my very old doll, and that it turned out to be so ugly I couldn't even take a pic, much less let anybody (especially you knitters!) see it.
I finally finished the 2nd one. It took forever, because I was determined to end up with a decent enough fit that I could use it as a good guide from now on. Consequently, I started over 3 times.
Anyway, it's done - it isn't perfect and it isn't exactly what I wanted, but it'll be a good basic pattern, and at least it looks "ok". She's dressed - finally - and out of the wedding dress she's worn for the last 50 years.
I'm starting a hat to go with it, but we'll see if it works - or if I get it finished. Last year I started a Christmas dress for her - in September. Barely got the hem done before I had to abandon it in favour of actually getting Christmas ready, lol. Just as well though, I would've got the top all wrong then - better chance of it working out now. I might need to start it and leave the summer hat for next year - so decided to post the dress alone.
I didn't have a pattern, and the yarn is Snuggly Wuggly.
Thanks for looking.