Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
rainbow999
Casting On

Thank you all for this useful info!

Artlady1981, since you've used both Addi Click Lace and KnitPicks nichel plated needles, can you please tell us which one you prefer for lace knitting?

I'm getting back to knitting and just bought Addi Click Bamboo set (because I heard they are less tiring for my sometimes arthritic hands) but am finding join issue with 3.5mm size for cotton/linen lace yarn. Am okay with knitting with metal needles for a little while so wanted to know the difference between the above two.

Thank you!
rainbow999 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

I have the KnitPick Options set, with the nickel needle points and I love it more than human words can convey. Let's just say that I love them slightly less than my motorcycle and that about puts it in the correct perspective.

However, with that said, I am having a cousin from Holland bring me a set of Addi Cliks when they come later this spring because it's A)cheaper to buy there and B) I'm cheap. I'm looking forward to comparing and contrasting (with the added bonus that I can use this "study" to justify buying more yarn for more projects). Hope you enjoy yours. And just for clarity's sake, I have never, not once, had a problem disengaging my needles from the cables nor had a problem with yarn catching on the joins.
OTN: Writer's Cardigan
OTN: Hats!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/ARichter
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote