Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Hello from your KnittingHelp founder/video-lady
Hi everyone

It's been so long since I've been active on the forum, that it seems a reintroduction is in order. I'm Amy, the voice and hands behind the videos on the site, and the one who created the site back in 2004!

I don't have any kind of big announcement or anything, just saying "Hi everyone!" You might see more of me here this Summer at least. Not because I have a ton of time or anything, but just because I miss being here.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amy For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (07-25-2012), fatoldladyinpjs (07-24-2012), GrumpyGramma (07-25-2012), JLonier (07-23-2012), KayKaylovestoknit (07-30-2012), laikabear (07-27-2012), Sewing Angel (07-27-2012)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Antares
Working the Gusset

Hey kids, it's the "Administrator." How exciting! This is kind of like meeting the producer of your favorite movie or the author of your most loved book.

Is it apropos to say "Welcome back"?

At any rate, it's definitely in order to say thanks so much for creating this site and for the very helpful videos. I wouldn't be knitting today if it weren't for KH!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antares For This Useful Post:
amy (07-24-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
insanenewknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Very, very pleased, proud, and honored to 'meet' you! I want to thank you so very much for the videos, they helped me so much!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Last edited by insanenewknitter : 07-27-2012 at 04:45 PM.
insanenewknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Good to see you back Amy, you're something of a mythic person to the newbies I think. But you won't be for long.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
Tntgin4118
Ribbing the Cuff

Wow! Awesome to meet you.

This site and the videos have taught me so much. It's my goto when I want to try something new. I picked up knitting needles for the very first time this past November and found this site when I got myself into a jam (or rather a snarl) as I was trying to learn the basics. The community is fabulous and everyone is so helpful!

It's great to see you and I do hope you'll be able to pop in now and again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tntgin4118 For This Useful Post:
amy (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Good to see you here, Amy!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
amy (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,285 Times in 2,972 Posts
Good to have you back at this very helpful site with its excellant videos. I'm always delighted when other sites or pattern directions refer people here for more information.
How did it all get started?
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for the welcome back, folks.

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
How did it all get started?
Once upon a time, I had a very humble personal website (actually I still do, although it's totally outdated and old school), where I created a few pages devoted to my passions. I put up a few short video clips on it with the basic knit and purl stitches, and just a few others, maybe 10 videos total. This was around 2001. I forgot all about it, and then in 2004, we noticed it was getting thousands of views every month, so I thought I'd put up some more, and give the site it's own domain name. It was all done just in the spirit of sharing, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

My husband Sheldon ran a web design business at the time, as well as servers for web hosting, which made the whole thing affordable/doable, back when bandwidth was expensive. (This was pre-YouTube! Can you imagine? ) Nothing like it existed, so it immediately took off, which was pretty thrilling.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amy For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (07-25-2012), salmonmac (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
mapknitter
Casting On

Hi Sue,
I'm a Newbie, and can't determine whether or not what someone listed for stash sale a year ago is still available, or even who to ask. Have I come to the right place?
Linda (mapknitter)
mapknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Well no, you want to post in the thread where they listed it, or probably pm or email the person. Click on their name and a menu pops down where you can select to pm them; if you go to their profile there's a link to email them if they allow it.

Welcome to the Forum though, happy to see new members.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote