Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
Nenwing
Ribbing the Cuff

Yeah I figure stretching can't hurt, only help!

When this all first started, I thought it was just a headache problem because I was having balance issues along with it. I did not make the connection of it possibly being a muscle out of whack.

Hmm...that is a good idea too, to try to learn the other style of knitting. That might help if I am using my other hand more (I am right handed).

I need to get a tennis ball!
Nenwing is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #22
Christinechrstms1
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Skype™ to Christinechrstms1
Nenweng, stretching is good but range of motion exercises will help keep your muscles from weakening. Some that work for those without a serious condition are:

Standing with arms at your sides and slowly raising them up ( motion like making a snow angel) about 3 repeats of 10, three times daily. Do the same but this time raising arms up in front of you. Stop if painful.

Another is to raise and lower your forearms from the elbows. First with arms at the sides , then do the same exercise but with arms in front.

These exercises are not tiring and it is hard to imagine that they would help any but you would be surprised.

You are right about balance. We can easily lose our balance if our center of gravity is off and with muscle spasms or weakness it certainly can be.

Always best to consult a doctor and these are just exercises that have helped some people with similar pain.

I hope you feel better soon.
Christinechrstms1 is offline   Reply With Quote