Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
ninz
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Okay, the "Work as given for Back until ***" is right up to the armhole shaping. After the Divide for Neck, does it say anything about 'At the Same Time' later on? Since it mentions to work the front armhole to a certain length, it's got to be in there somewhere.
Ohhhh I think you are on to something here... let me take a pcture of it and perhaps you can tell me if I am right... hold on!!
ninz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
ninz
Ribbing the Cuff

In this picture is another ***, was I meant to work from there until shaping shoulders?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Ahhh yes, I think that might be it. That way you'd cover the underam BO and the decs along the armhole.

Well you only have to take out that shoulder until the row where half the sts are on the holder anyway. Only rip out to the end of that row, then do the cast off at the beginning of the next one.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
ninz (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
ninz
Ribbing the Cuff

It is all my fault but I wish there was a tiny note after the first *** saying please go on to the next ***

So just to clarify, I need to start from shape armholes to the ***?

Sorry about this, it must be very annoying for the experts!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
No problem, that's what we're here for. It may have meant to repeat what's between the ***s.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
ninz (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
Yes, I think there's some confusion in the pattern too. There do seem to be one too many ***. It's difficult for all of us when we come to a mistake or an ambiguity in a pattern and Sirdar isn't always as straightforward as you might wish. You're doing well and even ripping back is good experience (or so I tell myself).
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
ninz (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
ninz
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Yes, I think there's some confusion in the pattern too. There do seem to be one too many ***. It's difficult for all of us when we come to a mistake or an ambiguity in a pattern and Sirdar isn't always as straightforward as you might wish. You're doing well and even ripping back is good experience (or so I tell myself).
If you don't mind me asking, is there a company that does easy patterns? or easier to understand? I have only come across sirdar and I want to know of others too.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #18
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
Usually patterns from the large yarn companies are good but every now and then you come across errors or just plain confusing directions. Patterns that lots of people have used before tend to have the mistakes and fuzzy directions corrected. With experience you become better at spotting these but, we all get caught once in a while. Berocco, Bernat, Tahki, Knit Picks are popular sources. Patterns on Ravelry also have comments and evaluations of patterns and that can be helpful too.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
ninz (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #19
ninz
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Usually patterns from the large yarn companies are good but every now and then you come across errors or just plain confusing directions. Patterns that lots of people have used before tend to have the mistakes and fuzzy directions corrected. With experience you become better at spotting these but, we all get caught once in a while. Berocco, Bernat, Tahki, Knit Picks are popular sources. Patterns on Ravelry also have comments and evaluations of patterns and that can be helpful too.
Thank you! That is really helpful... After I finish this tank top... I am hoping to do a cardigan for my grandmother. I just hope I find an easy one lol