Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I just got done recovering from a nasty fall down the basement stairs. It's not fun. I was fortunate that I had no broken bones, only bruises. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,126 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gillian and the Nice Lady in PJs, hope you're both better soon: bruises gone and bones knitting together quickly.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
NorthernIrelandKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Thank you for all your nice get well messages. There is a good chance that I could have osteoporosis, which could have been the reason why my bone broke. The main reason for staying so long was to do with needing to see the occupational therapist and her not being there. A friendly and chatty lot of fellow patients helped the time pass ok.

Unfortunately my recovery has not been as good as it had seemed. When they put a lightweight cast on instead of the heavy, plaster one today and took an x-ray they noticed that my ankle joint was too wide. They advised that I would need a plate put in to correct the problem. I have to go in tomorrow morning our time for surgery at about 1 pm and should be in for 1 or 2 nights.

I have to keep my leg elevated so that the blood keeps flowing to my heart.

Goodness me, Nonny, that was a very difficult challenge you faced. I don't know what I would have done without my hubby this past 3 weeks.

Lady in pjs, be careful near those basement stairs!

Gillian
NorthernIrelandKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote