Old 09-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Ribbons and lace christening dress pattern
I got half way done with this pattern. Didn't print it out. Now my bookmarks disappeared. The author decided to take it off as a free pattern and sell it.

This is a feather and fan pattern. Does anybody know if the picket lace edging goes by another name? Any suggestions for free christening dress patterns? I saw the one on KH's patterns. It's in the preemie section. Does anyone know what size infant this would fit? Is it preemie or would it go to about six months?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/81803085...ce-pdf-pattern

Last edited by fatoldladyinpjs : 09-15-2011 at 01:23 PM.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

This feather and fan pattern is so simple but my stitch count kept being off. I don't think this is the type of pattern you can watch tv with. It takes concentration and counting. Played around with it and think I finally got it. That pattern may be a little over my head, but I can always rework it to suit me. That's the nice thing about knitting.

Last edited by fatoldladyinpjs : 09-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
wellslipmystitches
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs View Post
This feather and fan pattern is so simple but my stitch count kept being off. I don't think this is the type of pattern you can watch tv with. It takes concentration and counting. Played around with it and think I finally got it. That pattern may be a little over my head, but I can always rework it to suit me. That's the nice thing about knitting.
I might be able to help with the pattern. I'm pretty sure it's the one that begins the skirt at the waist and uses 3 balls of yarn on 3 sections for a few inches. Something like 280 sts. total of 3 sections.

Have no time to find the pattern right now. If someone else doesn't help talk to me later. Jean
wellslipmystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,377 Times in 3,060 Posts
" Any suggestions for free christening dress patterns?"

Here's a free pattern that I like and have saved. If you Google "Judy's knitting page" there are others that you may like.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
fatoldladyinpjs (09-16-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

It might be a little over my head. This is one of those things that I just can't get. I think it's time to set it aside for a few days and do something else. Get back to it later. Thanks so much! That's a beautiful dress.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

And yes, Slip. That is the pattern. I didn't like the way they divided off. There were too many yarn ends all over the place getting tangled up. I was attempting to rework it my way when the gal stopped offering this as a free pattern. The instructions I really need for this is the Picket Lace pattern for the bottom.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Mirl56
Instepping Out

so you just need the hem border lace bit?
This looks very similar: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...or-pillowcases

The other thing you could try is checking your library for any of the border trim books, Nicky Epstein has several, the Harmony Stitch Guide has one, there are others, too.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
Christinechrstms1 (09-18-2012)
Old 09-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
wellslipmystitches
Knitting the Flap

Sorry, I'm really having a busy time and haven't found the pattern for the Baptismal gown. If I do I'll let you know. I know I copied it by hand when my printer was on the fritz.

It should be several pages handwritten, so when I find it I'll have to deciper my writing too. Aaaaaargh!
Jean
wellslipmystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
nittineedles
Casting On

Originally Posted by wellslipmystitches View Post
I might be able to help with the pattern. I'm pretty sure it's the one that begins the skirt at the waist and uses 3 balls of yarn on 3 sections for a few inches. Something like 280 sts. total of 3 sections.
Have no time to find the pattern right now. If someone else doesn't help talk to me later. Jean
Due to people not respecting the copyright notice on my pattern I have had to remove it from the realm of free patterns. It can be purchased here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Nittineedles
nittineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
DogCatMom
Knitting the Flap

Wow. Which came first, the Shetland shawl or the baby ensemble? They're both incredible! The creativity and sheer technical prowess of designers never fails to knock me sideways. Wow again. And...thank you.

DCM
DogCatMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DogCatMom For This Useful Post:
nittineedles (09-12-2012)