Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

food safe fabrics
I made some reusable snack bags for my son using a nylon inner and cotton/poly exterior. I use them for carrying dry snacks in the car or to the grocery store etc. I don't store things in the bags overnight. I was told the other day that nylon is not food-safe unless labeled as such. I have been reading and bags sold commercially say they are food grade nylon or vinyl. My questions are : is there a honestly a different process for making food grade fabric or is it just that one company is investing in getting the FDA label? Is there any difference in allowing his pretzels and nuts to touch nylon or touch a plastic sandwich bag?
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,760 Posts
Very interesting question. I googled food safe nylon. This site looked interesting. http://www.jandofabrics.com/newslett...sandwich-bags/ Have you seen it already? I look forward to reading what others have to say.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
vaknitter (10-02-2012)