Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Knithead12
Casting On

Aviatrix baby hat pattern help
Hello all,

I found this great looking pattern and would love to start it but am confused right off the bat which is frustrating because all the reviews I read state that this is a very simple pattern to follow. I am wondering what the amount of cast on sts was because I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find it? Does this pattern not have a traditional cast on to get started? If not, what are the steps? The rest of the pattern I seem to be able to follow as far as I can see when it states to "K to 5 sts from the end of the row" which I'm assuming means depending on the amt of sts I have on my needle at that time knit them all but the last 5. Does that sound right? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get and can't wait to start this great looking baby hat for a friend.

Here's the pattern:

http://library.ravelry.com/JustJussi...dQ2h1%2FQj0%3D
Knithead12 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
It's on the pattern. Which weight yarn are you using. The cast on is based on that. They start showing on page 4 with sport weight. Scroll down for other weights.

The other pages give important info about the pattern, how do do each section, a glossary, etc.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,285 Times in 2,972 Posts
Yes, keep reading. The hat uses short rows which you can see here. They're part of the directions to knit or purl to some number of sts from the end and then W&T (wrap and turn).
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote