Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #11
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
I love the Addi Clicks, too. The join is a horrendous problem on US6 and smaller. Sizes US7 and up perform wonderfully.

I use Addi set circs for all smaller sizes US6 and under. Or, good ole Knit Picks OPTIONS.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #12
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
I just ordered some Hiya Hiya size 0 so now I'll have my 3 pair of socks on Knit Picks Options, Addi fixed circs and Hiya Hiya. All size 0 so I'll let you know.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
JudyD
Turning the Heel

I have Addis, Hiyas, and sets from Ebay, but my all-time favorites in straights, DPNs, and circulars are Aero/Inox/Prym. I first used them when they were sold as Bernat Aero over 50+ years ago. They're affordable, work well for me, and are made in the USA.

Judy
JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,994 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by JudyD View Post
I have Addis, Hiyas, and sets from Ebay, but my all-time favorites in straights, DPNs, and circulars are Aero/Inox/Prym. I first used them when they were sold as Bernat Aero over 50+ years ago. They're affordable, work well for me, and are made in the USA.

Judy

Judy, where do you get them? ~~GG

ETA: Duh. I could have specified which ones, I'm thinking specifically of the Hiyas and Aero/Inox/Prym needles.
GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
JudyD
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Judy, where do you get them? ~~GG

ETA: Duh. I could have specified which ones, I'm thinking specifically of the Hiyas and Aero/Inox/Prym needles.
I get the Aero/Inox/Prym from Handknitting.com With my last order I got a handwritten note from Laurel explaining that the Prym's were the same as Aero/Inox (I had ordered Inox needles).

I get the Hiya's from Fabric.com, one of my favorite sites for yarn at good prices.

I try to buy USA made products as much as I can.

Judy
JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JudyD For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by JudyD View Post
I get the Aero/Inox/Prym from Handknitting.com With my last order I got a handwritten note from Laurel explaining that the Prym's were the same as Aero/Inox (I had ordered Inox needles).

I get the Hiya's from Fabric.com, one of my favorite sites for yarn at good prices.

I try to buy USA made products as much as I can.

Judy
I'm looking at fabric.com now. Free shipping @$35. I think I'll order from them and include a fixed circ hiya and who knows what else. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanks to Judy, I ended up ordering a Hiya Hiya set of U.S. size 2 tips and a cable for them. If I like it on the smallest they had, then the larger sizes should be great. They got me with their free shipping on orders of $35 and a 10% off on $40. I ended up spending just about $40 including tax. Expensive needles!!! The yarn and a few other things that should be in the same pkg. will help with the sticker shock.

ETA: It turns out the Hiya tips I ordered are out of stock as is one of the sock yarns. They already shipped the order and I will have a cable for Hiya tips but no tips to go on it. Hmmmm..... If they'd let me know I would have changed the order to get a different size of the tips. Anyhow, they still gave me free shipping and the 10% off even though my order is now under $23 including tax. I will undoubtedly order from them again, knowing I'm taking a chance on things not being available because they still gave me free shipping and the coupon discount. They really know how to make this fool part with her money!

Last edited by GrumpyGramma : 10-18-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanks to Judy, I ended up ordering a Hiya Hiya set of U.S. size 2 tips and a cable for them. If I like it on the smallest they had, then the larger sizes should be great. They got me with their free shipping on orders of $35 and a 10% off on $40. I ended up spending just about $40 including tax. Expensive needles!!! The yarn and a few other things that should be in the same pkg. will help with the sticker shock.
I ordered my Hiya Hiya from a different place, but I figured the $8 I spent on each circ wasn't that much more than KP and I wanted to try them. They were half as much as Addi's. I got 0's.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #19
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I ordered my Hiya Hiya from a different place, but I figured the $8 I spent on each circ wasn't that much more than KP and I wanted to try them. They were half as much as Addi's. I got 0's.
Jan, are yours fixed circs? Where did you get yours? The smallest at that site for Hiyas of either sort is 2, I'm getting the interchangeable ones.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #20
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Jan, are yours fixed circs? Where did you get yours? The smallest at that site for Hiyas of either sort is 2, I'm getting the interchangeable ones.
I got a couple fixed circs at Eat.Sleep.Knit because I needed them so small. I'm happy with my KP interchangeables including the zeros, but my friend loves her Hiya Hiya and I needed a few more so got them to try. I don't think you'll find smaller than a 2 in interchangeables because of cable size and what you need for a join.
http://www.eatsleepknit.com/

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (10-15-2012)