Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #21
JudyD
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Thanks to Judy, I ended up ordering a Hiya Hiya set of U.S. size 2 tips and a cable for them. If I like it on the smallest they had, then the larger sizes should be great. They got me with their free shipping on orders of $35 and a 10% off on $40. I ended up spending just about $40 including tax. Expensive needles!!! The yarn and a few other things that should be in the same pkg. will help with the sticker shock.
Fabric.com has sales on the Hiya's. Did you sign up for their e-mails?

(Now she's really going to blame me for her addiction to Fabric.com! )

Judy
JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Originally Posted by JudyD View Post
Fabric.com has sales on the Hiya's. Did you sign up for their e-mails?

(Now she's really going to blame me for her addiction to Fabric.com! )

Judy
Sales on Hiyas? Didn't know that! I think I sense a codependency developing here.

They had clearanced sock yarn I wanted and a couple of gadgety things. I needed another size 2 needle and figured it was a good way to see what everyone is talking about. Jan is also contributing to my habit, the site she gave the link for is also a terrible place to go. They might get my next order.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #23
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
No kidding! It used to be that if you were trying not to spend money you stayed home...now there is Internet shopping!

ETA... Forgot to tell you... I take Ambien at night. You hear about the occasional case of people sleep walking or eating, but I discovered a new one. Twice now I've sleep shopped. Luckily I've only gotten small knitting things.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
No kidding! It used to be that if you were trying not to spend money you stayed home...now there is Internet shopping!

ETA... Forgot to tell you... I take Ambien at night. You hear about the occasional case of people sleep walking or eating, but I discovered a new one. Twice now I've sleep shopped. Luckily I've only gotten small knitting things.

OMG that's scary! I was expecting you to say sleep knitting. I bet you're not the only one who's done that, Jan. Sometimes I am really glad I can't take Rx drugs.

It's so hard for me to spend money that by the time I finally am ready to complete the order, limited stock items could be all sold out. I always walk away and do something else before finalizing.

ETA: Unfortunately virtual shopping can lead to IRL NSF!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
OMG that's scary! I was expecting you to say sleep knitting. I bet you're not the only one who's done that, Jan. Sometimes I am really glad I can't take Rx drugs.

It's so hard for me to spend money that by the time I finally am ready to complete the order, limited stock items could be all sold out. I always walk away and do something else before finalizing.

ETA: Unfortunately virtual shopping can lead to IRL NSF!
I forgot that I also bought some vanilla syrup on Amazon one night. It was missing the pump so I sent an email and they refunded the whole thing so that one was okay. Actually the others were a couple $3 patterns so no big deal.

I have trouble spending money, too. That's probably what saved me from spending much. I am apparently cautious in my sleep, too!

Wish I could sleep w/o help, but I've tried every "remedy" known to man and I'm just not a good sleeper.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I forgot that I also bought some vanilla syrup on Amazon one night. It was missing the pump so I sent an email and they refunded the whole thing so that one was okay. Actually the others were a couple $3 patterns so no big deal.

I have trouble spending money, too. That's probably what saved me from spending much. I am apparently cautious in my sleep, too!

Wish I could sleep w/o help, but I've tried every "remedy" known to man and I'm just not a good sleeper.
I go through stages of sleeping pretty well and then not sleeping well at all. Fortunately for my downstairs neighbor knitting is quiet. Maybe you'll wake up one morning and find a complicated project finished to perfection. They say that people who are hypnotized can't be made to do things they would normally not do (like "when you wake up you will kill this person" as an extreme example) and I expect the the altered state of consciousness with sleep activity is similar and you won't spend huge amounts ever.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
cryaegm
Ribbing the Cuff

I really like bamboo needles. They're my favorite for dpns.

Recently I received my grandmother's knitting needles--really old ones. She has a bunch of Marcia Lynn circular needles that I can't wait to try out. A couple look to be plastic, so knitting with them should be interesting.
cryaegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #28
TEMA
Turning the Heel

I'm crazy for dpn's size 4mm or 5mm. Love knitting socks with them and fingerless gloves. They seem to fit my hand well and I'm not always stabbing myself with them and I seem to knit faster and with more equal tension.
I have circulars, got the interchangeable ones and I love them too especially for sweaters and other large knitted things but I always come back to my double points.
The ones I love are a soft purple colour...
TEMA

Last edited by TEMA : 10-16-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: error, error, error....
TEMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #29
Ermely
Casting On

I love my knit Pro 4 mm , the yarn slip on it and my husband appraciate to watch the football without the clic clic noise ...
He offers me a hook in the same brand .... is there a subliminal message under it ?

I'm Isamanu on Ravelry, add me !
Ermely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Quote:
Darn it! I just found out some of my sock yarn was sold out and so were the Hiya tips. I'll have to go look at the other site. I have to know: Do I like Haya Hiyas? I know I don't particularly like the Addi Turbo circs I have. The points are too rounded and the cable is kinky.

(Darn it! pun intended)

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..