Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Loosing "4" stitches..
Hi all, I am working this row ( previous row is K, working with 39 sts) K6,(yo,sk2p,K3)4 times, yo, sk2p,yo,K6..I have worked this row 10 times over and I continually lose 4 sts... To work sk2p, sl 1 as if to K, K next 2 sts tog pass slipped st over st just made off the needle...Thanks
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
RochesterKnitter
Turning the Heel
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 785
Thanks: 6
Thanked 328 Times in 280 Posts
Row 1: K39
Row 2: K6,(yo,sk2p,K3)4 times, yo, sk2p,yo,K6

I just write things out and count them.....
K6 -1,2,3,4,5,6
1)YO -inc 1
Slip1 -7
K2tog -8,9 (dec 1)
PSSO -dec 1 (7)
K3 -10,11,12
2)YO -inc 1
Slip1 -13
K2tog -14,15 (dec 1)
PSSO -dec 1 (13)
K3 -16,17,18
3)YO - inc 1
Slip1 - 19
K2tog - 20,21 (dec 1)
PSSO - dec 1 (19)
K3 -22,23,24
4)YO - inc 1
Slip1 - 25
K2tog - 26,27 (dec 1)
PSSO -dec 1 (25)
K3 - 28,29,30
YO -inc 1
Slip1 - 31
K2tog - 32,33 (dec 1)
PSSO - dec 1 (31)
YO - inc1 (Given that there is a second YO here, is there meant to be a second YO within each repeat?)
K6 -34,35,36,37,38,39



Now, by my count this works all 39sts from the previous row. However, there does seem to be Two dec for each YO within each of the four repeats. So yes, you would be losing a total of 4sts across the row.
Note that on the last part there are two YOs thus balancing the two decreasease. I wonder if there are supposed to be two YOs in each of the four repeats as well? i.e. a second YO after the PSSO.

Last edited by RochesterKnitter : 11-07-2012 at 10:14 AM.
RochesterKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
salmonmac
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,694
Thanks: 643
Thanked 3,461 Times in 3,138 Posts
Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Hi all, I am working this row ( previous row is K, working with 39 sts) K6,(yo,sk2p,K3)4 times, yo, sk2p,yo,K6..I have worked this row 10 times over and I continually lose 4 sts... To work sk2p, sl 1 as if to K, K next 2 sts tog pass slipped st over st just made off the needle...Thanks
Yes, I get a decrease of 4sts also (following the instructions for the sk2p which makes it a double decrease). It's in the parentheses. At each repeat you decrease 2sts x4 =8 but only increase one st (the yo) x4=4. So overall, you lose 4 sts. The yo, sk2p,yo,K6 at the end decreases 2sts but also has 2 yo's so there's a compensating increase of 2sts.
Maybe the parentheses should be (yo, sk2p,yo,K3)?
What pattern is this? Or is there a following row that has a net increase of 4sts?
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
cheley (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Yes, I get a decrease of 4sts also (following the instructions for the sk2p which makes it a double decrease). It's in the parentheses. At each repeat you decrease 2sts x4 =8 but only increase one st (the yo) x4=4. So overall, you lose 4 sts. The yo, sk2p,yo,K6 at the end decreases 2sts but also has 2 yo's so there's a compensating increase of 2sts.
Maybe the parentheses should be (yo, sk2p,yo,K3)?
What pattern is this? Or is there a following row that has a net increase of 4sts?
..The pattern is part of the "Sampler Afghan" previously mentioned (awhile back, remember?) so, I think you can click on the link and "maybe" pull up the "Turtles" pattern..anyway, NO, NEXT ROW IS ws K3,P33,K3...=39 sts...I have emailed the company, possibly a correction has been made? Thank you for you help
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 27,765
Thanks: 160
Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I agree with Salmonmac, the repeat should have 2 YOs in it to offset the double dec - (yo, sk2p, yo, K3)4 times. Look at the picture and see if there's one on both sides of the dec like there is at the end of the row - yo, sk2p, yo, k6. So the beg of the row would match, after the k6, you have the yo, dbl dec and there should be another yo.
__________________
sue- knitting heretic

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
cheley (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
I agree with Salmonmac, the repeat should have 2 YOs in it to offset the double dec - (yo, sk2p, yo, K3)4 times. Look at the picture and see if there's one on both sides of the dec like there is at the end of the row - yo, sk2p, yo, k6. So the beg of the row would match, after the k6, you have the yo, dbl dec and there should be another yo.
O.K. here goes:

Co 39
Rws. 1-6 K across
Rw 7 and all odd num rws (WS) K3,P33,K3
Rw 8 K3 (yo sk2p yo K3) 6 times
RW10 k3, (yo,sk2p,yo,k3) 6 times
RW 12 k
Rw 14 K6,(yo,sk2p,K3) 4 times,yo,sk2p, yo, K6
Rw 16 k6, (yo sk2p,k3) 4times, yo,sk2p, yo,k6
Rw 18 K
Repeat rows 7 18 consecutively.. and looking at the pic, the "turtles" are appearing 5(turtles) in a row, then 6(turtles) in a row.In between the K33 P33 K3 Row 14 of the pattern appears to have 6 Turtles across the row..I will try and post a pic too...
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
suzeeq
Knit On!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 27,765
Thanks: 160
Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Rows 14 and 16 should also have 2 YOs in the repeat - (yo, sk2p, yo, K3) 4 times.
__________________
sue- knitting heretic

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Rows 14 and 16 should also have 2 YOs in the repeat - (yo, sk2p, yo, K3) 4 times.
Thank you, worked out..The pattern was written with an error...
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Leave remaining stitches unworked" (Need pattern help) novice stitcher How-to Questions 4 12-09-2011 10:28 PM
"On next and every rib row work all k stitches on RS and all p stitches on WS through back loop." What? egduf8 How-to Questions 5 08-19-2011 12:33 PM
"Pulling cable out from between stitches" when knitting in the round? TrueIconoclast How-to Questions 5 01-21-2011 04:00 PM
WOOL AND BOOKS FOR SALE """SOLD""" Lighting57 Buy/Sell/Swap 0 09-30-2007 04:37 PM
how to slip "live stitches" to scrap yarn knitaholic How-to Questions 2 04-29-2006 03:40 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.