Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
LoveBugAngel
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
This is me reading your post.
This is the "I'll make it for free" person.
These are my response to "I'll make it for free."

Casually tell a friend "in confidence" but loud enough for the evil one to overhear that you're knitting voodoo dolls.
AHAHAHAHA LOVE IT!

I was in the lunch room today and she totally sent someone else up to me to get the pattern! She was sitting with her then the woman came up and asked me for it. I wrote down Ravelry.com for her and said loudly that I modified mine so whatever she finds won't be the same. Then shes like how many sts did you cast on? I was like "I'M NOT TELLING YOU!" lmao oh lordy.

Anyway yes there is also a spot I can post that I am selling. I will do that.

My Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/people/AngelLoveBug
LoveBugAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
Antares
Working the Gusset

Sheesh! What's with these ol' biddies?

I was thinking last night (great incite in the shower--you know!) that if she tried this with me, I might turn around and ask her to make ME a scarf. After all, she has no problem making everyone else one, so why not make one for me, too.

Then, if she followed through (which I doubt she would), I'd ask for two or three more. Meanwhile, I'd either unravel her scarf and reuse the yarn in one of mine or if it was up to par, I'd sell it to someone else and then throw that fact back in her face.

As you can see, people like this who try to use others as doormats really tick my tock!

From now on you should write down some meaningless complicated URL that gets them nowhere! Why give them anything if they're going to act like this?
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #23
LoveBugAngel
Knitting the Flap

great news, I sold a scarf today and have someone (at work) interested in looking at 2 of mine tomorrow

My Ravelry
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,197 Times in 2,698 Posts
Yippeee!!! That's great!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,783 Times in 7,146 Posts

I'm sure some other people at work thought that coworker was pretty tacky and rude, too.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
LoveBugAngel
Knitting the Flap

Quick note to tell you guys that sales are going GREAT! I have been knitting up a scarf then posting it on our classfieds section which goes out to all schools any teacher, admin, support staff can see it. As soon as I post a scarf I sell it almost right away!

I decided to make a facebook page for my knitting. If you want to check it out it's facebook.com/AngelsKnits

My Ravelry
Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #27
Antares
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by LoveBugAngel View Post
Quick note to tell you guys that sales are going GREAT! I have been knitting up a scarf then posting it on our classfieds section which goes out to all schools any teacher, admin, support staff can see it. As soon as I post a scarf I sell it almost right away!

I decided to make a facebook page for my knitting. If you want to check it out it's facebook.com/AngelsKnits

COOL! So glad the classifieds are working for you. Let that mean ol' She-Grinch try to keep up with you NOW!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #28
noeltwright
Casting On

I have a love hate relationship with etsy. In some ways, I really like it. I've been able to make a little money on the side selling my crocheted things. In some ways I hate it b/c other people will list items just like mine only using cheaper materials and/or charge less and I wonder how in the world they are making any money doing it. I used to have several pages of listings, but now keep it to just a few items. Just when I think something won't sell, I re-list it and it sells right away! lol
Once I sell the things in my shop, I'm still debating whether or not to keep it after that...
noeltwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
noeltwright
Casting On

As far as shipping charges go, you can have a note in your shop that says you will refund the shipping if they want to do a local pick up. Or you can put on your shipping policy that if they are local they can pick up and skip the shipping fee, but that you would make them a reserved listing if they are interested in a particular item.

As far as what etsy charges to sell: They charge 20 cents to list an item and 3.5% of item. (does not include shipping price) Paypal which I use also charges me 30 cents plus 2.8% of item. (including shipping)

I have found help using this calculator. I just punch in how much I want to make and it tells me how much I need to charge. http://www.gregledet.net/efcm.html
noeltwright is offline   Reply With Quote