Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,006 Times in 2,519 Posts
Off topic thread - Jan said move here!
This is the last post from Jan from this thread http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=111103

Quote:
This topic when AWOL a long time ago and the OP (artlady) joined in so I think it's okay.. I suppose we should start a new thread for KDTV in the lounge. Go for it!

I have had Dells for years with no problems, but I know some people complain. Then again there's a lemon or two in any bunch. One of my DD has a Mac and loves it. I'm too used to windows at this point and my DH couldn't handle it. He can use google and email and I'm always helping him as it is.
So here we are!

Did I tell you I have a Dell? I might have, I don't remember, but I do have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and I've had not a problem with it. Of course, Windows on this is ancient history now. For the videos I think I'll plug in the other monitor, this is LCD and it's LED and bigger and would provide for greater viewing pleasure. I might even figure out how to have the 2 screens have different displays so I can have my video on the big one and whatever else I want on this screen.

I want to start my videos tomorrow, who else is getting in on the fun? I have season 1 of the Knitting Daily videos, I plan to start at the beginning.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,731 Times in 7,103 Posts
I don't think I can copy the download to DVD! One of my burners isn't working properly so I have to use the other one. The other one doesn't seem to want to copy at least from Real Player. I'm not sure how to put a video on my computer. Geez... I don't do this stuff anymore and I'm dense as a rock.

Also... no I didn't know you had a Dell or I forgot. Mine is a desktop. Dell XPS 420. Oooooold! I hope I can figure out the copying thing so I can start watching them in a comfortable place.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

I don't think Real Player should be involved in burning a DVD from the d/l. I think you would go into your DVD burning software and just copy the files as you downloaded them to the DVD.

ETA OK, I did a google and Real Player isn't what I thought it was, so never mind. I thought it was just a player and not for burning DVDs. My bad. Many apologies.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I knew it was for videos, but I didn't know you could burn from it either so don't worry about it! It popped up when I clicked on the video from my desktop.

You know what, I think I DO have DVD burning software! Yes, it's been that long since I've used it! I'll give that a try.

See you did help!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Any time I have to do something I have to go google and google and google some more. I remember burning DVDs when I d/l my OS, other than that I'd have had no idea. Hope you get them burned. I want us to be able to watch *together*...I promise not to hog the popcorn.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I do have software! I'll have to do it tomorrow now, but I want to watch with you, too! Did you see the thread Dollyce started in General? It's about the videos. Lol either place works.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

That rings a bell but I can't find it now. I know ArtLady has one.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Ugh. Still working on this.. I tried using the software and it's a bigger file than the DVDs of course, but that seemed to hold it up. If all else fails I can get my daughter's boyfriend to see if he can do it. They'll be over Sunday.

I don't want to hold you up though so go ahead and watch.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

I hope you don't have to wait till Sunday, but that will work...calling in reenforcements is almost always a good idea. This is so frustrating for you. I'm sorry it got so danged complicated.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I've downloaded a couple free burners and they both put a watermark on the video unless you buy it. How is that free?!! Sheesh!

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~