Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 AM   #1
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

Any knitters in Langley, B.C.?
I know there are other knitters that live or frequent the Langley area. I can't be the only one buying yarn and such at Michaels and Wal-Mart. I awesome as that would be I don't think those two stores would have their yarn department just for me. Even if I do work at Michaels.

If you're in Langley or area. Let me know. It would be nice to possible arrange a Stitch 'n' Bitch but I'd be happy to know I'm not the only Langleyite on here.

Side note: If you're from the Langley area do you know of any yarn stores in Langley? I know of Langley Yarns, north of Aldergrove. And my mom said she saw a sign for a new wool shop in Walnut Grove but I haven't been able to get over that way yet.
Sajomaro is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:09 AM   #2
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

Anybody???

I'm feeling lonely.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
Maureen10
Casting On

Knitting In Langley
There's a new shop in Langley for all of us Fraser Valley Knitters. It's called Knitopia, and it's on Salt Lane.
Maureen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

I don't feel lonely anymore.

Originally Posted by Maureen10 View Post
There's a new shop in Langley for all of us Fraser Valley Knitters. It's called Knitopia, and it's on Salt Lane.
My mom drove me over there yesterday. On the way she said "Not sure I should be taking you." I told her I'd be good. She replied "Will you give me your debit card?" I said "Not that good."

I didn't get anything but it definitely gave me some ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sajomaro For This Useful Post:
offgridgirl (12-29-2009)
Old 10-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
SmilerMo
Casting On

Hi, I visit this site often but have just joined the forums. I live in Chilliwack. However, to buy wool I usually drive to Michaels in Langley or Abbotsford. How great to work in Michaels. What kind of projects do you knit?
SmilerMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi SmilerMo! Welcome to Knitting Help.

I knit just about everything. Scarves, toques, sweaters, socks, dishcloths etc. I just recently started my first pair of gloves. The only thing I tend not to knit is lace. I'm working on a lace wrap right now and it's going very slowly. I don't pick it up very often and when I do I only knit a couple rows at a time.

Yes it is great to work at Michaels. I'm the knitting instructor at the Langley store. It's fun but can get frustrating when I advertise for classes and no one signs up. But I love the staff discount.

Maureen10 and I are trying to put together a Stitch 'N Bitch in downtown Langley. I know it's a little ways to come but you're more then welcome to attend once we get it going.

You should try this site, http://www.woolworks.org/stores/bc.html, it has a list of yarn stores in different towns. It's not completely up to date but it shows 4 stores in Chilliwack that you might want to check out. Aunt Debbie's is suppose to be really good.

My Blog!
Stick-ee Creations

I'm Sajomaro on Ravelry too!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Mrs. Columbo

I'm in Fleetwood and have no knitting friends. I'm novice and would love some help in getting further off the ground. Knitopia used to be in White Rock and I went to their knit nights all the time ... I haven't been since they moved but they always have been a wonderful shop ...

The new shop you were speaking about in Walnut Grove used to be Knit Cafe ... they went out of business and now Sue is the knitmaster there, it's called 88 Stitches .. I haven't been but I have corresponded with her by email a couple of times ... I can't remember the address but I know I went in behind the Colossus Theatre, past Shoppers Drug mart and quite a distance down ... I recall it took me maybe 30 minutes to get to from Fleetwood.

Last edited by Mrs. Columbo : 10-19-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: forgot part of my posting
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #8
addicted2knitting
Casting On

Also looking for Stitch N Bitch group!!
Hello fellow knitters. I stumbled onto this site quite by accident and sure glad I did. To have found fellow knitters in my area is over the top exciting. 20 years ago I left my stitchnbitch group in Winnipeg, we had been together for 10 years and were my very best friends that I miss dearly. I have always wanted to join another stitch'n bitch group that loves to laugh and have fun while knitting. I live in North Delta but would be willing to drive anywhere. I'm 51, happily married with 7 almost all grown up children (looking forward to grandkids ) and work at Chapters in the Strawberry Hills shopping centre. Looking forward to hearing back from some of you guys.
addicted2knitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

New Knitting Guild
A group of us over at Ravelry have started a guild for Langley, Surrey and surrounding areas. we're called the Fraser Valley Knitting Circle and everyone is welcome to join. It's still really new so we haven't had any events. We hope by September (which will start a new membership year) to have some speakers lined up and other things. If you're interested just PM me and I'll send you more information or if you're on Ravelry we have a group there, appropriately named Fraser Valley Knitting Circle.

My Blog!
Stick-ee Creations

I'm Sajomaro on Ravelry too!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #10
timestitcher
Casting On

Knitting in Langley
Hi everyone

I've been to Knitopia and absolutely love it. Spent a few minutes one day talking to the lady on duty about my University capstone project. I went back to school in my mid-40s and am now almost graduated with a Bachelor of General Studies.

I'm up for get-togethers in the city area - Walnut Grove is a fair distance for me as I don't drive and we all know about transit south of the Fraser!!

Looking forward to meeting you in person. H
timestitcher is offline   Reply With Quote