Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Oh dear... GG, I think we might have pushed Jan over the edge...
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts
Originally Posted by mojo11 View Post
Oh dear... GG, I think we might have pushed Jan over the edge...
I've been owned by cats all my life. They go anywhere they want and I wouldn't have it any other way.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I've been owned by cats all my life. They go anywhere they want and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Yup. As I was reading the bit about "anywhere she thinks she's allowed to go" I was imagining Clyde (the cat I was trying to match) even considering that there was some place she WASN'T allowed to go.

Yeah, right!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,137 Times in 2,646 Posts
My thoughts exactly. She probably thinks the cat belongs to her and not the other way around too. Poor dear...
Yes, but the poor dear knits so something's OK. I think Antares crochets also. Good thing both are therapeutic...ask me how I know.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Yup. As I was reading the bit about "anywhere she thinks she's allowed to go" I was imagining Clyde (the cat I was trying to match) even considering that there was some place she WASN'T allowed to go.

Yeah, right!
Has Clyde shared her secret name with you? Then you'll know you've arrived.

I'm not worried about Jan, at least not too much. Anyone who knows who owns whom has her head on the right way.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Has Clyde shared her secret name with you? Then you'll know you've arrived.

I'm not worried about Jan, at least not too much. Anyone who knows who owns whom has her head on the right way.
Oh yes, Clyde's secret name is She Who Will Eat Your Face While You Sleep If You Cross Her.

Or something like that.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
Antares
Working the Gusset

Don't feel sorry for me 'cause we either own an atypical cat or I'm an atypical cat owner. She is NOT allowed on certain pieces of furniture, and she's monitored constantly when indoors, so on said outlawed furniture she does not go. But, really, after the first time of being yelled at, she hasn't ever tried it again.

Also, she seems to be more willing than most cats to please us. There are certain times when she's not allowed on the bed, and she complies with that--not happily at first, but compliance in any form is fine with me.

What can I say? I've got a cat-dog!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #19
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
But, really, after the first time of being yelled at, she hasn't ever tried it again.
Not that you know about anyway.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Don't feel sorry for me 'cause we either own an atypical cat or I'm an atypical cat owner. She is NOT allowed on certain pieces of furniture, and she's monitored constantly when indoors, so on said outlawed furniture she does not go. But, really, after the first time of being yelled at, she hasn't ever tried it again.

Also, she seems to be more willing than most cats to please us. There are certain times when she's not allowed on the bed, and she complies with that--not happily at first, but compliance in any form is fine with me.

What can I say? I've got a cat-dog!

I believe you. My DD had a cat-dog that understood English extremely well. I tried to get hold of him one day to give him a time out in the bathroom per DD's instructions when he was "bothering" her female cat (both were "fixed") since that's what the vet told her was the best way to deal with it...but I digress, anyhow I couldn't get hold of the cat and finally I said, "Skippy, go to the bathroom." He did. I never tried to catch him again, just told him to go to the bathroom or wherever. Another time DD was eating Doritos and she decided to let Skippy have one; he ate most of it and was asking for more, she looked down at thim and told him he had to clean up his mess first whereupon he pushed the crumbs under the edge of the couch. I think that after we got done staring at each other open-mouthed since neither of us could believe what just happened, she gave him another chip. Believe it or not, I don't care, but I was there. Some cats transcend cat-dog status even.