Old 01-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Wake up, mojo, smell the java. End times is the very problem under discussion. Your name says it all today, mo(re)jo(e).
Is there a :groan: emoticon? Well played GG.

Incidentally, sorry about the encore post above, my internet connection go tin a mood yesterday just about the time I hit submit and musta made up for it by submitting it twice.

I've gone down the road of knitting a couple of stitches with both strands, but it always seemed to leave a mess when I got back to it on the next row/round. As for what knot(s) to use, square knots have always worked for me, but the Fisherman's Knot would probably do the job too. It's just an overhand knot in each strand tied around the other stand so the two knots bump into each other. Now if you're working with two different thicknesses, you should technically be using a Sheet Bend, but I long ago forgot how to tie one of those. But all of those can leave a lump, so if you can get away with just weaving in the ends, you're better off that way.

As for the wasted yarn, even having THREE cats doesn't mitigate that problem for us. Two of them are so jaded that yarn is no longer exciting to them and the third would run from it. (Seriously. Ripley has run from a toy mouse. He's a sweet boy, but scared of his own shadow.) Once in a (great) while Clyde or Snickerdoodle will channel their inner kitten and play with a bit of yarn for about 5 minutes, or attack a ball that one of us has just finished winding :grr:. But they get bored with it really quickly. Mostly that's a good thing.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!