Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
DonnaPotter
Casting On

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
This site is great. It's here that I learned just about everything I know about knitting and how to find things when I need to. I'm still learning so much from everyone!

BTW I'm not an expert, there are experts here and they are my mentors. I do them and their wonderful teaching. Sometimes I get to pass along what I've learned through them. That makes me feel really good.

Puleeeeze! I do have a reputation to maintain.

OK, so you're not doing a yo so something else is going on. I find that the only way I can really figure out how to do it right, and often I don't figure out what I did wrong, is to just keep at it with yarn I can sacrifice to learning until I get it right.

When all is said and done, a yo is simply a matter of the yarn is lying across the needle. When you wrap the yarn as if to knit it is lying across the needle and the working yarn is in back of your work; if you need to purl next, just move it between the needles as you would to be ready to purl making sure the strand is still over your needle (it will then be wrapped around, not just over, the needle.) It took me quite a while to figure out what the instructions given in writing and various videos really boiled down to. If this doesn't help you, please just disregard it all and go with what does. We all see and interpret things differently.
Thanks and I did view the links on ripping out using a circular and a lifeline marker (dental floss) is a great idea to help me know the beginning of my repeat stitches. Regarding my expert comment....just thanks for your great help...this is the first time that I have asked a knitting question on this forum and only joined the day I began my post. I now feel like I have the advise and from folks on this forum to successfully complete my shawl. Many thanks dpotter
DonnaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!