Old 04-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
A border on the small ones in the same color won't detract from the border on the edge. However, try blocking them first. If they are close enough to the same size then you don't need to worry about it.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
ad2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Squares...
Ok...here goes....two pics of the squares. I put one square on top of other in one pic so you could see the difference...if you can't see it in the one of them next to each other

What do you all think? i did wonder one thing - I've not seamed the ends...so i could try and unravel them all and start again..but that would be time consuming.....
ad2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
Antares
Working the Gusset

I'd wash/block both squares first and try to squish (or pull) them into shape. After all, washing and blocking that small of an object won't take long and what do you have to lose? Then if that doesn't work, reknitting might be the way to go.

Be sure to let both squares dry completely, though, and see how well they keep their shape.

You know, it's always great to ask questions, but you can try some of this stuff out on your own, too. Different yarns behave differently and you won't know the end result (and whether you're happy with it) unless you try it. Go for it!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
They may not be different enough to worry about. I think because knitting is stretchy it won't be noticeable once they are seamed. Blocking to test is a good idea though.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

Odds are they'll be OK like that. Garter stitch is pretty forgiving. I don't think there's enough difference to be worth putting a row of single crochet around the small ones.
Try putting a couple together and see whether you mind the difference; if you do, you can always re-knit the small ones, and if you don't see enough difference to be a problem, you have part of the seaming done!