Old 04-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #21
HeathersHobbies
1st Leg of the Journey

My grandmother was an expert knitter. I remember when she taught me. She made a sweater for my cabbage patch kid doll. She didn't even use a pattern. She also taught me to crochet at the same time. I wish I would have paid more attention to the knitting like I did the crocheting. I would have picked up on her expertise more. When she passed away all her knitting and crocheting tools were left to me. I miss her it would be great to tell her that I am finally learning to knit.
HeathersHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HeathersHobbies For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-28-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by HeathersHobbies View Post
My grandmother was an expert knitter. I remember when she taught me. She made a sweater for my cabbage patch kid doll. She didn't even use a pattern. She also taught me to crochet at the same time. I wish I would have paid more attention to the knitting like I did the crocheting. I would have picked up on her expertise more. When she passed away all her knitting and crocheting tools were left to me. I miss her it would be great to tell her that I am finally learning to knit.
My aunt was an expert knitter, too! She would buy yarn from Ireland and make beautiful Irish fishermen's sweaters w/ leather buttons. My cousin's Winnie the Pooh bear even had its own Irish Fisherman's sweater! Sadly, my aunt passed away from breast cancer years ago, or I'd be getting advice from her, too.
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jinxnit55 For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-04-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #23
Nanaof6
Turning the Heel

I've only been knitting since 04' knitting lace shawls , raglan baby sweater, Tomten Jacket, Einstein Coats, socks, cabled wraps, dishcloths and dishtowels, shrugs , cowls, mittens , Fiber Trend Felted Cogs, Felted purse and I still think of myself as a beginner . There's just so much to learn still . I guess when I can go in my closet and pick out my favorite store bought sweater and knit it without a pattern then maybe I could call myself an Intermediate Knitter.

If I read the pattern and think I can knit it I just do it! After all it's just yarn and I'm smarter then yarn

IX XI
Keep Christ In Christmas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14548372@N02
Nanaof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanaof6 For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-12-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #24
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

I really liked your comment about being smarter than the yarn. Think I'll try and remember that when I'm looking at a pattern or project that looks like it may be a challenge. After all it's only more practice at a stitch to frog and reknit several times til one gets it right. No one learned to ride a bike on the first try. The more you repeat a task the better one gets at it. At least that's what I keep telling myself as I frog something for the 4th time.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABC's Mom For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-12-2013)