Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
maggui
Casting On

how to increases sleeves at enterlac pattern
please can anybody explain me how to knit sleeves at entrelac pattern? i canīt finish my sweater 1000 thanks
maggui is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,506 Times in 3,180 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help!
What sweater pattern are you using? Can you give us a link to it or tell us the name of the pattern? Alternatively, could you quote just the directions for increasing on the sleeves?
maggui (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
maggui
Casting On

entrelac
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Welcome to Knitting Help!
What sweater pattern are you using? Can you give us a link to it or tell us the name of the pattern? Alternatively, could you quote just the directions for increasing on the sleeves?
well, the patern is entrelac but iīm not following any scheme. iīve learned the pattern watching a tutorial video, and decided to make a sweater whith it. but it is a modular pattern, so iīm not sure it is possible to use it like this... i have already tried the tecnics i know for increasing on the sleeves but the pattern beggins to get odd at the edges...
Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,264 Times in 2,756 Posts
You're not using a pattern for the sweater, but trying to put one together using entrelac? That's challenging! Maybe you should go for a drop shoulder and avoid increasing and/or decreasing. Alternatively, there are patterns you could use, I'm sure. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...ity&pc=sweater

Clarification: We've used "pattern" to mean the instructions for making a sweater. You seem to be using it to describe the entrelac itself and to use "scheme" as we've used pattern. We really want to be sure we understand what you're asking and try to give you responses you can use.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
maggui (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
maggui
Casting On

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
You're not using a pattern for the sweater, but trying to put one together using entrelac? That's challenging! Maybe you should go for a drop shoulder and avoid increasing and/or decreasing. Alternatively, there are patterns you could use, I'm sure. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...ity&pc=sweater

Clarification: We've used "pattern" to mean the instructions for making a sweater. You seem to be using it to describe the entrelac itself and to use "scheme" as we've used pattern. We really want to be sure we understand what you're asking and try to give you responses you can use.
thatīs right GrumpyGramma, i created my own sweater pattern and i used a drop shoulder but shapping sleaves has been very challenging...
Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,506 Times in 3,180 Posts
My favorite entrelac sweater is made in one piece. It's basically in the shape of a cross with the sleeves as the crossbar. There's no shaping to the sleeves at all. It's similar to the idea that GG mentioned, a drop shoulder. If you've already knit the front and back, you could make the sleeves as rectangles and seam to the body. It gives a slightly full sleeve but it works beautifully with the entrelac. The ribbed cuff is picked up and knit to the end of the sleeve and that narrows the sleeve at the wrist.
GrumpyGramma (04-30-2013), maggui (05-09-2013)