Old 06-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,197 Times in 2,698 Posts
Knitting...it's not just for grandmas!
This morning the ballet school my GD attends had demonstration day and I finally got to see her on pointe! Well, I've seen her on pointe but this was different, it was in the studio setting, not my apartment or her house. Anyhow, I was asked to pick up a friend of hers who was also going to see her dance. She had a hand knitted garter stitch scarf to give to my GD. We talked knitting. My GD is a lovely girl, a company dancer, and has a wonderful friend I hope I get to see again soon. I've had a lovely day. It's hard to believe these 14 year old girls will be in high school come fall. I'm too young to have a GD in HS!!!!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
Jan in CA (07-01-2013), justplaincharlotte (06-23-2013), N0obKnitter (06-18-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Artchic528
1st Leg of the Journey

I prefer to think of aging as being like a bottle of fine wine, meaning that one gets better as they mature. Besides, 60 is the new 30! Or so I've been told. The older crowd is being more active, and doing more now, than ever before!! Why, look at Betty White! She's the epitome of vibrancy and grace, with a hint of spiciness, and she's still going strong in her 90's.

The way I look at it, age is only a number.

Oceanblue28 on Ravelry

So many things to knit, so little time!!
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,197 Times in 2,698 Posts
I forget how old I am. My daughter graduated on my birthday, canceling it out. If you ever have a birthday canceled out by a graduation, you never get any older. I'm 39 forever.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (06-17-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
This morning the ballet school my GD attends had demonstration day and I finally got to see her on pointe! Well, I've seen her on pointe but this was different, it was in the studio setting, not my apartment or her house. Anyhow, I was asked to pick up a friend of hers who was also going to see her dance. She had a hand knitted garter stitch scarf to give to my GD. We talked knitting. My GD is a lovely girl, a company dancer, and has a wonderful friend I hope I get to see again soon. I've had a lovely day. It's hard to believe these 14 year old girls will be in high school come fall. I'm too young to have a GD in HS!!!!

Oh phoo! You've got nothing to worry about! I'm too young to have one who graduated gr 12 this year! She sent photos yesterday. I've got a younger one who dances too - isn't it wonderful to watch them! I love going to the annual performances, but like you, I get lots of impromptu shows in my kitchen, and honestly I think those are the best.

We won't get old - these girls will keep us young forever. I'm glad you had such a great day, I know the feeling