Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Tawny2nat
Casting On

How do I knit in pattern while increasing sitches?
I am knitting a sleeve in moss rib pattern 2 rows make up pattern. Row 1 is k2 p1 k3 and the 2nd row is p1 k3, I am meant to inc stitch each end on 3rd row then every 4th row till I get 103 stitches but every time I inc stitch it messes up my pattern and it isn't staying in the rib pleas can someone tell me how I inc while staying in pattern please
Tawny2nat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,349 Times in 3,033 Posts
Hi and welcome to Knitting Help!
You're not going to be able to follow the written instructions for the moss rib in the same way that you have been doing. Instead you'll read the stitches that are on the needle and correctly pick up the pattern that way. It is important to maintain the pattern in the body of the sleeve.
So do the increase (I usually do the increase one stitch in from the ends and then incorporate that increase into the pattern on the next row). Then, using the sts from previous row as a guide, start several sts in from the end and count backwards, naming the sts in the pattern row. That'll tell you how to keep the pattern correct on the current row.