Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
Antares
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jinxnit55 View Post
I LOVE sock yarn and have never made socks (yet)! I am making baby hats out of it, and it would be great for delicate summer scarves, etc. I also made an adult sized "sockhead hat" out of Koigu KPPPM sock yarn that is stunning. Talk about miles of mindless knitting!
Oh, those are some good uses for sock yarn! Do you have any pictures of your finished projects (or did I just miss seeing them or maybe I missed the fact that they're knit in sock yarn when I did see them)?

GG: Perhaps it's a coincidence that both my shawl and the stole are in green (leaves, ya know), but what drew me to the shawl was the dropped stitches around the leaves. I think I would like that in any color!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
I love sock yarn! I want to use it for lots of things. It would make a cool pullover but with the tiny needles it will take me forever and a day to make one. I've done socks with finger, sport, and worsted weight yarns. They're all cool for socks. Sock yarn would be really good for gloves, headbands, and lots of other things and if working with thin yarn doesn't scare you, you can use it for just about anything. Finding a pattern for just about anything could be hard but I'm sure there should be hat and glove patterns written for it. The more I knit with thinner yarns the more my worsted weight projects look like they'd be better in a thinner yarn. I have some swatches I did with crochet thread. I've not come up with what I want to knit from crochet thread yet, but I will. Oh, now that I think about it, maybe a headband would be good. Thanks, Claire. It's funny how things come together when I'm responding to a post here.
right back at you
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to claireweber For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (06-22-2013)