Originally Posted by Antares
Other than fun, how would you describe doing a cuff-to-cuff sweater? What pitfalls did you run in to? What did you dislike about it? What are the pros and cons of creating a garment this way?
1) I like not having the set-in-seams of sleeves. Though for seamless sleeves, Raglan is the way to go (IMO).
2) No seaming! Since the sleeves are worked cuff to cuff and the body is usually made by picking up sts, there is nothing to seam!
3) One sleeve will have a CO edge the other a BO edge. i.e. they won't look the same. Solution is to do a provisional CO, then go back and match your BOs.
4) Sleeve length discrepency. If you miscount rows, your sleeves will be uneven.
5) Shaping inconsistency. If you miscount rows, your sleeve shaping can be uneven.
6) Although it wouldn't work here (Niche), problems 3-5 can also be avoided if the garment has a provisional CO in the center and then you work out toward each shoulder/sleeve.