Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Antares
Working the Gusset

So sorry your hair has gone gray, but Marg1e, are you absolutely sure that it was my vile language that turned it that way? Think really hard now: Nothing else in life could have contributed?

I'm not Angela, but I did find this labeled as a "writer's cardigan" on Ravelry. Looks like a regular ol' cardigan to me, so perhaps it's just a cardigan that you work on when you have writer's block. Or based on the picture of the model, perhaps it's a cardigan someone forced you to wear while you're writing a horrible, no good, very bad research paper. (Come on, fella, show some life and smile!)
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
claireweber
Working the Gusset

When I read "ARRRGGGHHH!!! HISS!!! GROWL!!! WHINE!!!" I experience the feeling of the dread of the realization that once again, needing to Well put, Antares.

So, my notes. For my current WIP, I am knitting a sweater in the round; I've made a note of which row I transitioned to knitting flat, I am now on the last row for the back so, I'll make a note of which row that is.

Different notes for different projects, the shawl, which I don't even know where it is right now, I made notes of the size of needles used, how many pattern repeats, even notes on the decrease row, etc. I'm designing it as I go along, so I need really good notes for that.

When I learn to take pictures and post them I'll be able to show you this, I like things to look nice, but this certainly doesn't. A laptop stand from Ikea as a side table, it is all wonky, having quite the lean. The graph on a magnetic board, using a piece of notebook paper acting as a ruler held in place by magnets; this all set on a metal cookbook stand, illuminated by a work lamp.

the drawers, your workspace looks so organized!
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Skype™ to Marg1e
Oeuf course it was, Antares! - and long since, alas! :-) I meant to indicate that, and not in truth blame you for it, m'dear.
I am greatly amused by the "writer's" cardy and the silly bloke wearing it; and I can only agree that his expression leaves a lot to be desired. As does the thinking of whomever either took the shot or produced the knitting book it's in, depending
Claire, your note-taking is bloody exemplary: I am going to have to learn from it, and that's a fact. The h'object I am currently working on is knitted in one piece to the armholes and thereafter in three; and notes are definitely required. I tend to scribble 'em on the pattern, which doesn't make for easy reading thereafter: where do you keep yours?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Marg1e View Post
Oeuf course it was, Antares! - and long since, alas! :-) I meant to indicate that, and not in truth blame you for it, m'dear.
I am greatly amused by the "writer's" cardy and the silly bloke wearing it; and I can only agree that his expression leaves a lot to be desired. As does the thinking of whomever either took the shot or produced the knitting book it's in, depending
Claire, your note-taking is bloody exemplary: I am going to have to learn from it, and that's a fact. The h'object I am currently working on is knitted in one piece to the armholes and thereafter in three; and notes are definitely required. I tend to scribble 'em on the pattern, which doesn't make for easy reading thereafter: where do you keep yours?

I print a copy of my graph and then just leave the notes on there, scribbled wherever there is room on the paper. For my shawl, I've written notes on the hard copy as well as on the computer.

My WIP is knitted like yours, one piece to the armholes, thereafter in three.

OTN: Evergreen Aran by Kristin Nicholas
in Patons Merino Classic Wool, Deep Olive
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,697 Posts
Quote:
The h'object I am currently working on is knitted in one piece to the armholes and thereafter in three; and notes are definitely required.
I'm not very good with notes so can't help much there. When I divide for the armholes, I just keep everything going with however many balls of yarn it takes, working all pieces at the same time. Currently I'm knitting a cape and it has slits for sticking my hands out. I have 3 balls of yarn going: 1 for the left front, 1 for the sides before the slits and the back, 1 for the right front. That way it all comes out even.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #16
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
I'm not very good with notes so can't help much there. When I divide for the armholes, I just keep everything going with however many balls of yarn it takes, working all pieces at the same time. Currently I'm knitting a cape and it has slits for sticking my hands out. I have 3 balls of yarn going: 1 for the left front, 1 for the sides before the slits and the back, 1 for the right front. That way it all comes out even.

When I get to the shaping for the neckline for the front, I'm going to try that
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #17
Antares
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Currently I'm knitting a cape and it has slits for sticking my hands out. I have 3 balls of yarn going: 1 for the left front, 1 for the sides before the slits and the back, 1 for the right front. That way it all comes out even.
Yes, I suggested this exact same process to someone a while back and you, GG, and Jan both thought I was nuts!!! All I can say is, if I am, so are you!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #18
Antares
Working the Gusset

Gee, no need to get your panties in a wad. I'm over it, but you don't sound like you are. I actually thought it was amusing, but somebody's a little huffy around here (taint me)!

SO GET OVER IT YOURSELF!!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #19
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,697 Posts
I deleted a post above, I thought it would show that I had and why. I responded in kind to another post and that isn't in keeping with the spirit here at KH. I'm truly am sorry I did so.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
Jan in CA (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Skype™ to Marg1e
Struth.
The thread went bad, for reasons unknown.
Don't let's get like Ravelry, wherein people can become so enraged by even the faintest hint of criticism that the flames are felt across oceans!
Forums are meant for the exchange of views, and we NEVER all agree all the time, eh?
The grumpy one appears to've been miffed, and Antares is in danger of becoming equally miffed on account of it: that's what always happens.
Sighh ...
Let us be LUVERLY. Whaddya reckon? I know what it's like to be luverly, for I have been unquestionably the luverliest person on the planet for me entire life. <grin>

Last edited by Marg1e : 07-05-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Marg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marg1e For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (07-07-2013), salmonmac (07-06-2013)