Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
claireweber
Working the Gusset
 
claireweber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California Central Coast
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 615
Thanked 791 Times in 596 Posts
I found myself bedeviled by those bothersome bobbles
Until recently when I ran across this video:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...ck-continental

And then I thought, oh, I'm so far along with my sweater, not going to be very useful, well, I ending up about 40 rows so I had the opportunity to make use of this technique. While not exactly happy about the frogging at least the bobbles are now smooth sailing
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claireweber For This Useful Post:
bmlesqshtolzea3034 (07-15-2013), jinxnit55 (07-01-2013)

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
claireweber
Working the Gusset
 
claireweber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California Central Coast
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 615
Thanked 791 Times in 596 Posts
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
Until recently when I ran across this video:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...ck-continental

And then I thought, oh, I'm so far along with my sweater, not going to be very useful, well, I ending up about 40 rows so I had the opportunity to make use of this technique. While not exactly happy about the frogging at least the bobbles are now smooth sailing
Now those bobbles can be made without turning the project!
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock
 
GrumpyGramma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,069
Thanks: 2,041
Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,697 Posts
Quote:
Now those bobbles can be made without turning the project!
Ah, the light comes on now! I've not knit bobbles but have encountered instructions to turn and work a few sts and then turn back the way it was. Thanks for claire-ifying!
__________________
~ GG

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
claireweber
Working the Gusset
 
claireweber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California Central Coast
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 615
Thanked 791 Times in 596 Posts
Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Ah, the light comes on now! I've not knit bobbles but have encountered instructions to turn and work a few sts and then turn back the way it was. Thanks for claire-ifying!
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
salmonmac
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,716
Thanks: 645
Thanked 3,466 Times in 3,142 Posts
This is such a helpful technique for entrelac, too. Thanks very much for posting the link!
__________________
Knitting Help Videos Here!-
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bothersome Blanket stitch Clarity How-to Questions 5 03-31-2011 06:48 AM
Bothersome glucose101 General Knitting 5 07-09-2006 04:32 PM
Bothersome glucose101 General Knitting 0 07-09-2006 02:40 AM
bobbles Susan General Knitting 4 01-20-2005 02:22 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.