Just finished this for my old doll. I've never tried pants before - probably won't again, but it was fun. It's too hard to squeeze them under her stand, and I really don't like to take the stand on and off. So the pants are squished in there - not easily done, and getting them between her shoes and the stand base is no picnic either.
This time I did have real patterns, from a lady on another forum who posts her own patterns for AG dolls. Mine is close in size but not exact, and she's an early 1950's "composition" doll, so she's rigid and fragile and very hard to work with.
I did use her patterns and adjusted for size - but the sweater also has to cover the stand which is a problem. There's just no "give" with a composition doll, and the stand (and rather plump tummy) make it hard to get the shoulders and neck right. For me, anyway. Some of you would breeeeeze right through it, I know
This is the 3rd outfit I've knit her - last summer I did a dress (my own "design" - that is, "figure it out as I go and redesign where necessary, or just plain cheat" haha), and a Christmas one last winter, same "designer". Along the way, I've done some so ugly I don't tell anyone about them, much less show pictures
so if I manage one that's approximately
the right fit I'm thrilled. This one's approximate, and I'm happy.
Thanks for looking - sharing the FO is half the fun!