Old 08-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
MissMurder
Ribbing the Cuff

I need help
I'm a little confused and hoping somebody can help. I'm searching KH pattern area under "Adult gloves and mittens" on page 2 it says "Men's fingerless Gloves", yet when I click to see it, it goes to knitpicks.com which doesn't do a single thing for me... It shows other sites for knitting but I have looked on the sites listed and still cannot find what I am looking for! Help! please
MissMurder is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,507 Posts
It takes me here: http://www.knitlist.com/00gift/mens-...ess-gloves.htm
We need to let Sheldon know there's a link that's not working.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
MissMurder
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
It takes me here: http://www.knitlist.com/00gift/mens-...ess-gloves.htm
We need to let Sheldon know there's a link that's not working.
I really have no idea what's happening :( it still sends me to the same place.. does it show a patt for you? How do I let Sheldon know that?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

I posted a new thread about it in General Knitting. There's a lot of site work going on these days and things sometimes don't work exactly as they're supposed to. Usually they get fixed quickly. Just to be sure we were at the same pattern, is this the right page? http://www.knittinghelp.com/free-pat...mittens?page=2 and the 3rd down on the left?

The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
MissMurder (08-03-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,476 Times in 527 Posts
It looks like the web site that used to have the men's fingerless glove pattern is not longer active. That is why the link goes to a nonsense page. I'll need to remove that pattern.

We list a few thousand free patterns in our free pattern section. But unfortunately we are at the mercy of the websites that host the patterns. Occasionally they change their website or, as in this case, go completely defunct. Sometimes we can update the link, but in this case the original website is completely gone.

Thanks,

Sheldon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
DavidSydney63 (08-03-2013), GrumpyGramma (08-03-2013), MissMurder (08-03-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
There are dozens, if not hundreds, of fingerless glove patterns. If you do t see the one you want here try Ravelry. If you tell us what you are looking for we might be able to help.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
MissMurder
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
There are dozens, if not hundreds, of fingerless glove patterns. If you do t see the one you want here try Ravelry. If you tell us what you are looking for we might be able to help.
I have tried a google search for fingerless and knuckle gloves, both of which I want to find and come up to sites which are dead or won't fully load. I only have crappy cell internet so not many sites load well on my phone, ravelry being one of them :( I've tried many sites and come up blank. So having said all that, if anybody here can be generous to help me on how to construct knuckle gloves I would be absolutely grateful! Thank you to any and all who have and can help
Old 08-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

I suppose videos aren't a viable option. I'll do a bit of looking around for you. I know what it's like to not have good internet. I'll probably only have mine till the end of the month, then it's the library for me.

Do you want no fingers at all or open ended fingers? Are you looking for a really basic pattern or something more complicated?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,286 Times in 2,973 Posts
Basically, you're just knitting a tube in whatever pattern you like in the round. It can be a rib pattern or have a cable incorporated into it. Start at the arm or wrist and when you get to the thumb, make a opening by knitting back and forth in rows instead of knitting in rounds. When you've made the opening large enough for your thumb, join to knit in the round again until you reach the lenght you want. You can begin and and with a rib pattern to make the mitts fit better.
Here's a simple pattern and a link to several patterns but they may not be any easier to load than those you're tried.
http://www.knittersrow.com/2011/03/0...gerless-mitts/
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...ss_mittens.php
A craft store or LYS may also have books of patterns for gloves and mitts.
MissMurder (08-04-2013), Woofens (08-03-2013)
Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
MissMurder
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
I suppose videos aren't a viable option. I'll do a bit of looking around for you. I know what it's like to not have good internet. I'll probably only have mine till the end of the month, then it's the library for me.

Do you want no fingers at all or open ended fingers? Are you looking for a really basic pattern or something more complicated?
I really do appreciate that, thank you. I'm looking for both actually, I want to make fingerless gloves for my sisters & daughters(3 yrs & 18 mos) and knuckle gloves for the guys in my family, a basic pattern is fine i just don't know how exactly to start a thumb or the fingers or how to attach them to the gloves. Once again, I appreciate it.