Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Cool cloth. I'm not good at navigating rav, could you link directly to the pattern please? TIA
GG, I see that Woofens beat me to it! I think it's really fun and you could go crazy w/ color combos; they are endless. Several people experimented and made swiffer cloths. One person made a blanket, and one person sewed two together for a really cool squooshy potholder! I love this pattern!
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #12
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte View Post
Jinx, you've outdone yourself! I love it, and think this is my next new sweater sabbatical project.
I think you will like it. The designer modified it from a sock pattern she saw. It would lend itself to lots of things, I think! But, it is thick! The dishcloth isn't quite 1/2 inch thick, but almost. For a sweater you could use thinner drapey yarn or you would look like you were wearing a potholder!
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
claireweber
Working the Gusset

[quote=GrumpyGramma;1383930]Since several of us seem interested in knitting dish cloths currently, maybe we should start a KAL for posting links to patterns and FOtos and sharing ideas and maybe a bit of *itching too. Just thinkin' out loud so to speak.QUOTE]...

Cheers to that, I like this idea, especially the itching part I'll be able to join in by the weekend. Did you want to start it sooner than that?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #14
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Woofens Send a message via MSN to Woofens Send a message via Yahoo to Woofens Send a message via Skype™ to Woofens
Originally Posted by jinxnit55 View Post
Woofens! It is SUPER simple! Do not be intimidated!
I tried it earlier (without a life line) and got about halfway through the second half of the pattern before I got totally turned around, and I was knitting it way too tight, so I frogged it and plan to cast on again in the morning. I've got the idea of it now, I'm sure I can work one up tomorrow. Thanks!!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Woofens

The only difference between an experienced knitter and new knitter is that the experienced knitter makes bigger mistakes faster. Be bold; there are no terrible consequences in knitting.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Blocks in Blocks Afgan for Taz
Pet snuggles for charity
BonBons fingerless mitts for Sarah
Dorm socks for Skye-finished
Dallas Cowboys Man Hat for John-finished
and as always, dish cloths.
Woofens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #15
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,595 Posts
[quote=claireweber;1383955]
Since several of us seem interested in knitting dish cloths currently, maybe we should start a KAL for posting links to patterns and FOtos and sharing ideas and maybe a bit of *itching too. Just thinkin' out loud so to speak.QUOTE]...

Cheers to that, I like this idea, especially the itching part I'll be able to join in by the weekend. Did you want to start it sooner than that?
We could start a Dishcloth Club with exclusive membership open only to those who knit, are interested in knitting, like to knit dishcloths or are like the idea of trying new stitch patterns. That should keep out the riff raff.

If someone starts it I'll be there, whenever it gets started.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #16
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Woofens Send a message via MSN to Woofens Send a message via Yahoo to Woofens Send a message via Skype™ to Woofens
[quote=GrumpyGramma;1383957]
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
We could start a Dishcloth Club with exclusive membership open only to those who knit, are interested in knitting, like to knit dishcloths or are like the idea of trying new stitch patterns. That should keep out the riff raff.

If someone starts it I'll be there, whenever it gets started.
How does one go about starting such an "exclusive" ( ) club?

The only difference between an experienced knitter and new knitter is that the experienced knitter makes bigger mistakes faster. Be bold; there are no terrible consequences in knitting.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Pet snuggles for charity
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #17
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

I dunno. That's why I haven't done it. Is there a forum for KALs? I think there might be. Do you think that membership restrictions like those would keep the riff raff out?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
Woofens
Turning the Heel

I actually LOLed at the riff raff comment but it's probably not a bad idea

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Pet snuggles for charity
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I dunno. That's why I haven't done it. Is there a forum for KALs? I think there might be. Do you think that membership restrictions like those would keep the riff raff out?

There is a Knit Along forum. I'm afraid your restrictions would keep me out since I'm only interested in kitchen cotton placemats and 6-10" multipurpose swatches for them.

(Love the idea, by the way, since I'm finding that towel/dishcloth patterns are a good place to start with placemats. Also, if I ever finish said placemats, I'm going to start making gift dishcloths because I'm going to be really good at it by then! )
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #20
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
There is a Knit Along forum. I'm afraid your restrictions would keep me out since I'm only interested in kitchen cotton placemats and 6-10" multipurpose swatches for them.

(Love the idea, by the way, since I'm finding that towel/dishcloth patterns are a good place to start with placemats. Also, if I ever finish said placemats, I'm going to start making gift dishcloths because I'm going to be really good at it by then! )
So why don't you start the club? Placemats are just dishcloths are steroids after all.