Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
lindse
Casting On

w&T in the round - problems with "purl" side wraps
Hi,
I usually donīt have problems with w&t on pieced items, but I am now knitting a sweater in the round and canīt seem to pick up the wraps right.

The short rows simplified:
I knit x amount of stitches, w&t, purl x sts, w&t, knit to 2 sts before last wrap, w&t, purl to 2 sts before last wrap, w&t.
I then knit again and pick up the wraps I made from the right side (the wrapped knits sts). No problem.
But when I have knitted almost one round and am going to pick up the stitches wrapped from the purl side, I canīt figure out to do it right!

Anyone with ideas, photos or videos?

Thank you!
Karen
lindse is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,829 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help!
I couldn't find a video for just this situation. What you can do when you come to the purl row-wrapped stitch on the knit round is lift the wrap onto the left needle and over its stitch. Now reverse the order of the stitches so that the wrap will be to the back as you knit the two together. It's a little klutzy but it works. I think if you keep in mind that you want to hide the wrap behind the knit stitch you can get it to work.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Hi Karen - I found a video that instructs w&t from the purl side:

Wrap and Twist From Purl Side

Hope this helps.

Claire