Old 08-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
tefwright
Casting On

Picking up syitches from a holder - shows in garment
I have a pattern for a top down sweater, stockinette stitch, knit in the round. After the yoke, you move the sleeves stitches to a holder or a piece of yarn (I put them on yarn). Knitting the sleeves requires picking up some stitches from underarm and stitches from yarn, then more stitches from underarm. I did a 'pick up and knit' for the underarm, then knitted the stitches off the yarn and 'pick up and knit' on the other side. Garment is finished and this line is visible. At first I thought the stitches were just stretched, but have blocked and steamed with some improvement but not completely gone. I took care to be sure the stitches were not twisted. Knitting in the round I cannot tell the rows apart as in straight needle stitching. I am wondering if this somehow caused me a problem. Any clues for me?
tefwright is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
RochesterKnitter
Turning the Heel

Do you have a photo?

How visible? Small seam or large gap?

Which sts/line is visible? All sts? Picked up sts only? Knitted off yarn sts only?

I hate to say it but, this may just be the way it is.
However, it may be that you twisted the sts when you picked them up or knitted them off the yarn thus creating a row of twisted (more visible) sts.
Or, your tension could have changed between the body and the sleeve (especially if one was knit flat and the other in the round). Check your gauge.
RochesterKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote