Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
moff
Casting On

British pattern
I need to know what decreasing 1st at either end, second st in from the edge?
moff is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,324 Posts
Hi and welcome to KH. It helps if we know what you're making and if you can link to the pattern, that's even better. I looks like you want to work the 1st stitch, work your decrease, continue to the last 3 stitches, work your decrease, work the last stitch. By working your decrease in a stitch from the edge you'll get a much nicer looking edge and if you need to seam it or pick up stitches it's much, much easier. HTH

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
moff
Casting On

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Hi and welcome to KH. It helps if we know what you're making and if you can link to the pattern, that's even better. I looks like you want to work the 1st stitch, work your decrease, continue to the last 3 stitches, work your decrease, work the last stitch. By working your decrease in a stitch from the edge you'll get a much nicer looking edge and if you need to seam it or pick up stitches it's much, much easier. HTH
There you go!! Thanks that's it!!!!! Its a little basket from simply knitting mag!!! Nice to have more than one head!! LOL I am a self learner and I sometimes get stuck on simple things:0)Hope to talk again!!!
moff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,324 Posts
This is the only place I've found for asking knitting questions. Come back and ask anything, any time. There are great knitters here who helped me learn things like working an increase or decrease a stitch or two from the edge. If you'd like to post a photo of your finished basket, please do. We pictures.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote