Old 09-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
Gogglean
Casting On

Re: Pattern interpretation...
Hello

I have purchased the King Cole 3506 pattern (http://www.deramores.com/baby-blanke...g-cole-dk-3506)
and have a question about the pattern for the cream blanket, which is sitting on the blue blanket in the link.

When the pattern states p11, k5, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, k4, I am unsure whether the k1 and k4 should be knitted with the yarn forward still or, after slipping the stitch, should the yarn be moved to the back of the knitting in preparation for the k1. So, in short, should I k5, bring the yarn to the front of the work, slip a stitch and then move the yarn to the back of the work so that I can knit a stitch or do I leave the yarn forward after slipping the stitch and k1 with the yarn at the front?

Thank you

Jacqui
Gogglean is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Dclutterchique
1st Leg of the Journey

The K1 is worked with the yarn starting at the front. So you'll be doing a YO that will cross over the Slipped Stitch and when you work the K1 the yarn will automatically return to the back of work ready for the next direction. The Yfwd (YO) will create the holes for the lacey effect.

As a matter of interest, if a pattern wants one to return the yarn to be back of the work after slipping a stitch it should say '... S1, yb (or ybk), ...'.

A sweater of a thousand yards begins with a single stitch. Lao-tzu's Granny
Dclutterchique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dclutterchique For This Useful Post:
Gogglean (09-29-2013)