Old 09-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
klee1974
Casting On

holes in knitting
I am knitting a blanket and have a few holes due to possible dropped stitches. Anything I can do besides ripping the whole thing out? It doesn't have to be perfect just alright. Please also direct me to any videos that may help out. I googled and found some videos but none of them helped.

Thank you
klee1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klee1974 For This Useful Post:
maygiella (10-10-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,377 Times in 3,060 Posts
Hi and welcome!
If it really is dropped stitches, it's worth tracking them down. You can ladder up the stitch as far as you can (before it gets too tght to do this) and then tie the stitch off with some of the same yarn and weave in the ends. If you don't do this the dropped stitch will continue to ladder down to the cast on.
If there are other reasons for the holes like accidental yarn overs, you may be able to drop down on just that stitch column and omit the yarn over. For still other holes, just stitching around them with a tapistry needle will close them up and again you can weave in the ends. Take a look at the Tips videos for Fixing Mistakes under the Free Videos tab at the top of the page for helpful how-tos.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
klee1974
Casting On

Thank you! Your post has definitely helped me

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Hi and welcome!
If it really is dropped stitches, it's worth tracking them down. You can ladder up the stitch as far as you can (before it gets too tght to do this) and then tie the stitch off with some of the same yarn and weave in the ends. If you don't do this the dropped stitch will continue to ladder down to the cast on.
If there are other reasons for the holes like accidental yarn overs, you may be able to drop down on just that stitch column and omit the yarn over. For still other holes, just stitching around them with a tapistry needle will close them up and again you can weave in the ends. Take a look at the Tips videos for Fixing Mistakes under the Free Videos tab at the top of the page for helpful how-tos.
klee1974 is offline   Reply With Quote