Old 09-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
WeatherGirl
Casting On

Thanks so much for your help. In comparing it to your sample I seem to have more 'holes' in the pattern. Same number of stitches as I should have though. I wonder if it's to do with my yfwd?

Quick question, I think I've seen two different ways to bring the yarn forward. At first I was basically bringing it from back to front between the stitches but this wasn't giving me a proper hole - more like a hole with a string through it. I saw a different way was to bring it forward and round the needle once. Is this a different instruction? It might be why I'm getting more holes?!

Laura x
WeatherGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:36 AM   #12
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
The different ways of doing the yarn over depend on the stitch that follows the yarn over (or yarn forward). In your case, the next stitch is a k1 or k2tog (the slip one doesn'tt require working into that stitch). Your first way of doing it is right, bring the yarn forward between the needles and over the right needle. When you do the next knit stitch, that will require taking the yarn to the back to complete the yarn over. You would only come round the needle if the next stitch were a purl.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...n-over-english