Old 10-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
lindadaniel
Casting On

Raglan sleeve attaching to body of sweater
Could you tell me please if I should begin to sew the raglan onto the main body of sweater from the underarm - or from where it will meet the neck? I am putting off the moment when I take up my needle and sew. :(
lindadaniel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
RochesterKnitter
Turning the Heel

When you attach a sleeve to a sweater it really does not matter where you start, just that it is even.
I find it best to line up obvious spots (seams, BOs, shaped areas) with pins before pinning the remaining inbetween bits evenly. Then start whereever you feel most comfortable.
The advantage to starting in the underarm is that the ends can be woven in/hidden. But some people have trouble working in the tight space or around the shaped area, and find it easier to start at the shoulder so they have a longer/straight area to start on.
RochesterKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RochesterKnitter For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (10-01-2013)