Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Knittingdummy
Casting On

How to fix a small hole in a knit?
Hello all,

I'm super new to knitting and teaching myself via websites like this one and youtube tutorials . My question is is there any way of going about fixing a small hole a few rows back where I assume I dropped a stitch or something without unraveling all the way there? It's only a couple rows back so it's no problem really to do that but just for future reference I thought it would be good to know. I'll try attach a photo...

Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0027.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	57081  
Knittingdummy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
A dropped stitch would continue to run down the work looking like a ladder. Since it doesn't look like that it may be an accidental yarn over. There is a section on fixing mistakes in the knitting tips section of the videos. Personally of it's only a few rows I'd Tink back.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Artchic528
1st Leg of the Journey

Yup. It looks like an accidental yarn over. That's where you stop knitting in the middle of the row, and for some reason, when you pick it back up, you knit into the wrong side.

Happened to me a few times too.

Oceanblue28 on Ravelry

So many things to knit, so little time!!
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,053 Times in 2,565 Posts
If the problem in the photo is a yarn over that was knit into then there will be an extra stitch. Do you have more stitches now than before? Another possibility is that you accidentally slipped the stitch instead of knitting it. If that's what happened you can just drop the stitch above it off the needle, run them down to the slipped stitch and pull the yarn through that stitch with a crochet hook and then do the same for the ones above. I've done that more than a few times.

Originally Posted by Artchic528 View Post
Yup. It looks like an accidental yarn over. That's where you stop knitting in the middle of the row, and for some reason, when you pick it back up, you knit into the wrong side.

Happened to me a few times too.
Do you mean that when you picked up the work again you went the wrong way? That will leave a hole I don't think it looks like that's what happened.

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance
...the five stages of frogging.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote