Old 10-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,038 Times in 2,550 Posts
Was I hallucinating?
I came across a youtube video for short rows. Basically the method is to kb or pb and place that stitch on the left needle beside the one that would be wrapped before turning if you do the w&t method; on the row where you pick up all the stitches you knit or purl the two stitches together. I've been using this method on sock heels and like it. Now I cannot find the video again. Was I hallucinating? I can't believe I made up another way to do short rows. If anyone comes across this video on youtube will you please let me know and post the link? It's really starting to get to me.

Have you had a similar experience?

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
KnitBeg
1st Leg of the Journey

Finding a nice/interesting website or youtube-video and not being able to find it again? I think this happens about once every week... It used to happen more often but I do try to send the links to myself by email so now it only happens when I'm really short on time and shouldn't be looking for websites anyway

I don't think I've come across that method. Could it be what they call "German method" on some webpages? I think I came across it while working on the WingSpan shawl.

Do you remember what colour yarn the person in the video was using, what kind of needles and whether it was a man or a woman (and could you see what they were wearing)? That might help remember me to give you a notice when I do find the video some day...
GrumpyGramma (10-24-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

No, it's not German short rows. That's the way I had been doing them. I'm sure a woman made the video. She talked about stress on stitches and how this helps eliminate it. That's all I remember. I've looked at so many videos trying to find it again that I'm not sure about other details. I think I was looking for something else, saw this video, thought "that's interesting" and went on to something else. I believe I saw it once more when I first tried it but I've cleared my cache and history since then. I was sure I'd saved a link. Oh, well. I know how to do it. Mostly I wanted to post the video link for others.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
DogCatMom
Knitting the Flap

I took a class from Myra Wood on Short Rows at Stitches West 2012; maybe it's a video of hers?
DogCatMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DogCatMom For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (10-24-2013)
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

I just Googled Myra Wood on Short Rows and I don't see videos in the list to look at. I'll see if I can think of another way to search for them. They may be out there! Thanks for the lead.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

ksb psb short rows

That's not the same video but it's the same technique, or very similar. I don't think the one I saw was a sock heel and I think she did short rows several ways for comparison.