Old 10-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
KathyW
Casting On

Well, it didn't work for me to sit in front of my computer and try to knit. I have an inside cat and she thinks she is suppose to sit in my lap sometimes when I'm at the computer. Since she hasn't been here all day, of course this is the time she wanted to jump up and lay in my lap. I kinda have her spoiled. So, what I will do is save the videos I need and burn them to a dvd and have them ready to play and watch on my tv if and when I need them. My main problem right now is to remember I'm not crocheting and knitting is different. Hopefully, if it all kicks in, I will be able to go back and forth between knitting shoes and crocheting afghans, etc. I have made a reminder on my computer so I don't forget to post a picture when I get a shoe finished. This is what I call "Kathy proofing it" and it works. I will keep you updated.
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KathyW For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (10-23-2013), justplaincharlotte (10-23-2013), lialtSole (11-09-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by KathyW View Post
Well, it didn't work for me to sit in front of my computer and try to knit. I have an inside cat and she thinks she is suppose to sit in my lap sometimes when I'm at the computer. Since she hasn't been here all day, of course this is the time she wanted to jump up and lay in my lap. I kinda have her spoiled. So, what I will do is save the videos I need and burn them to a dvd and have them ready to play and watch on my tv if and when I need them. My main problem right now is to remember I'm not crocheting and knitting is different. Hopefully, if it all kicks in, I will be able to go back and forth between knitting shoes and crocheting afghans, etc. I have made a reminder on my computer so I don't forget to post a picture when I get a shoe finished. This is what I call "Kathy proofing it" and it works. I will keep you updated.
Welcome Kathy! It does sound as if you're getting well back into the swing of things, even if your cat isn't. My dogs still haven't gotten into the swing of my knitting.

Congratulations on your return to knitting!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
KathyW
Casting On

Well, I finally got my "how to knit dvd" made so I could watch it when I had trouble with a stitch and I got a shoe started today. It was looking promising for the first several rows. In fact, it was looking like it used to look UNTIL I messed up somehow. So, I took it apart and started over. Well.....I never got it right after that. I was messing up right and left but how, I don't know, so I thought maybe I just need to quit for the day and start over another day. But, at least it looks hopeful. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't crocheting and it IS the first day back after many many years. Just thought I would give you an update since you were so encouraging.
The Following User Says Thank You to KathyW For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (11-04-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #14
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by KathyW View Post
Well, I finally got my "how to knit dvd" made so I could watch it when I had trouble with a stitch and I got a shoe started today. It was looking promising for the first several rows. In fact, it was looking like it used to look UNTIL I messed up somehow. So, I took it apart and started over. Well.....I never got it right after that. I was messing up right and left but how, I don't know, so I thought maybe I just need to quit for the day and start over another day. But, at least it looks hopeful. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't crocheting and it IS the first day back after many many years. Just thought I would give you an update since you were so encouraging.
Thanks for the update Kathy! It does sound very hopeful indeed, and will likely seem the same way after your breather.

I'm pretty sure we all empathize with a project looking promising until the dreaded UNTIL happens - I know I do!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,595 Posts
You'll get it, I'm confident. I crocheted first and if I went to do a real crochet project now I'm sure I'd be in the same boat you're in. Being a hooker first might be why I prefer Continental style knitting but I don't know. Whatever works, you'll figure it out. You have motivation.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
KathyW
Casting On

Thanks for your encouragement today too!! It really helps and makes me even more determined to do it in spite of how clumsy, etc. I felt today. I don't understand how anyone can go back and forth between crocheting and knitting. I would probably make a mess out of both of them. When I was crocheting, I probably would think I was knitting and vice versa. But, maybe after someone has done both for so long it comes naturally. Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know when I can say I've made a shoe.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
DavidSydney63
Knitting the Flap

Giving up because one gets bored mmm if that happened to me I'd never have finished anything good idea to love EVERY stitch you knit (or crochet) and not want the row to end. Otherwise it can be tedious. Embrace your craft and love it deeply.

My two cent's worth.
DavidSydney63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidSydney63 For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (11-04-2013), Woofens (11-01-2013)