Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
cassidycolleen
Casting On

Help with foot part of baby footed leg warmers!
Hello. I'm knitting some footed leg warmers for my little girl. I haven't done socks yet, only footless leg warmers. This is the sock foot part of the pattern. I'll put my questions in bold.

Pattern:

- Put half of your stitches on one needle, and half on a second needle. Make sure that your initial starting stitch is centered on your needle so that the eyelet holes will be in the right place.-

Using the needle without your first stitch on it, repeat the following until heel flap is 1.25:

odd # rows: S1, P to end

even # rows: S1, K1 all the way across (So I'm assuming I do not work to other needle at all, right? So should I turn after each row?)

~ end with a K row (Do I start working in the round here or still the same needle?)

~ S1, P to center of row

~ P1, P2tog, P1, turn

~ S1, K back to center

~ K2, SSK, K1, turn

~ S1, P until one st before the gap, P2tog across the gap, P1, turn (What does the gap mean?)

~ S1, K until one st before the gap, SSK across the gap, K1, turn~ repeat the last two steps until you run out of stitches to decrease (ending with a K row) (So am I decreasing until there are no stitches left?)

~ using an empty needle pick up stitches along side of heel (make sure to pick up the same number of stitches on both socks)

~ using another empty needle, K2 P2 rib across top-of-foot needle (So this is the other needle?)

~ using another empty needle, pick up the same # of stitches down the other side of the heel

~ continuing with the same needle, K half the stitches on the heel needle

~ move the other half of the heel needle stitches onto the first needle you used to pick up stitches

~ knit 1st needle, K2 P2 rib across top needle, knit to end

~ 2nd round: K until 3 st before end, K2tog, K1

K2 P2 across top needle

K 1, SSK, K to end of needle

~ 3rd round: K whole round

~ repeat previous two steps until you have 32 sts (I'm supposed to have started the foot part with 32 sts, so how do a decrease to 32 sts??!)

~ K or rib until the foot measures 3 from heel

~ 1st round: K until 3 st before end, K2 tog, K1

K1, SSK, K until 3 st before end, K2tog, K1

K1, SSK, K to end

~ 2nd round: K whole round.

~ repeat previous two step until you have 16 sts

~ then repeat first round until you have 8 sts

~ K the 3 stitches on the first needle onto the third needle

~ finish with kitchener stitch

I'm really frustrated so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
cassidycolleen is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,004 Times in 2,517 Posts
You're making a heel flap. Amy's Working the Heel of a Sock video might prove helpful to you.

Yes, you will only be working the stitches on one needle right now and turning at the end of each row. In the video, Amy has already done that. You can see what it looks like.

I think the video could answer your questions much better than I can. If you need more help, be sure to ask. Someone will be able to give you clear answers.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
cassidycolleen (11-10-2013)