Old 02-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
If he wants to be left alone he's probably not feeling well. :(

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
ButtercupVictoria
Casting On

Thanks Jan and everyone. It's not exactly a happy subject so I appreciate your comments. My poor baby was put to sleep this afternoon. I couldn't go. I stayed home and cried. I am mad and sad, but I figured it out, he was sick for 6 months or more, that's a long time. Doctor found a tumor we didn't know about and he said "he's a shell, if you don't do it today you'll be back soon." And the trip would've been horrible for him. Wow, it's just so painful how... oh, you know it all. Thank you again!
ButtercupVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Aww, I'm so sorry.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #14
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by ButtercupVictoria View Post
Thanks Jan and everyone. It's not exactly a happy subject so I appreciate your comments. My poor baby was put to sleep this afternoon. I couldn't go. I stayed home and cried. I am mad and sad, but I figured it out, he was sick for 6 months or more, that's a long time. Doctor found a tumor we didn't know about and he said "he's a shell, if you don't do it today you'll be back soon." And the trip would've been horrible for him. Wow, it's just so painful how... oh, you know it all. Thank you again!
So sorry! We had an awesome kitty for 18 years. For 17 of those years she was amazingly healthy. People who came over would say, "Haven't you had that cat for a long time?" And then she started to pee in strange places and stopped grooming herself. The vet said it was kidney failure; as is common. We gave her low protein food for a time and she seemed OK, but then she started to cry at night. One morning she couldn't walk, so I put her in the car and drove her to the vet and had her put down (nobody else in my family could stand to go with us) and it was really sad, like you say, because we had had her such a long time. Your kitty is so much happier now, though; running around in kitty heaven! Hugs to you!
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:00 AM   #15
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,294 Times in 2,980 Posts
We are so close to our pets. It's never easy to have to put them down but it was the best thing to do for your kitty. It hurts so much. Very sorry for your troubles.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #16
smeldsgang
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
We are so close to our pets. It's never easy to have to put them down but it was the best thing to do for your kitty. It hurts so much. Very sorry for your troubles.

Exactly what she said. Just keep remembering all the good times with kitty and maybe some day you can get another kitty to love you as much as you love it. Animals are angels in disguise!!!
smeldsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #17
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

Remember, cats hide illness. You didn't know because he made sure you didn't. Vets are pretty good at judging when an animal has had enough, and you know you did the right thing. This way, he didn't have to go on the trip that would have been awful for him. (I can say this now: I was afraid you'd get started and need an emergency vet neither of you knew while you were on the road.)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #18
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

I had to put my 18 year old cat to sleep about a year ago. He didn't look or act sick, but had major kidney problems as well as what I am sure was diabetes at the end as he was always drinking and I was going through kitty litter like crazy.
My second cat I had to give away as my 2nd husband's cat allergies were getting much worse ( as in needing inhalers worse) She too is now gone on to kitty heaven. Just went to sleep and didn't wake up, according to the people who had her.

The older cat I'd had for most of the 18 years of his life, he was a "talker" and definitely a lap cat. He saw me through the loss of my first husband and always met me at the door when I came home from work.
The younger one was a very feisty, yet friendly cat and was about 9 when she past away this past fall.
I miss them both very much as they were family when I was single.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #19
usamacka
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to usamacka
I can relate to all of these posts and know we are all just so blessed to have our pets. I am also a cat lover and have a little one who is somewhere between 18-20....not quite sure. I took her to the vet over a year ago thinking her time had come too....she had irritable bowel syndrome. The vet gave her a shot and I began feeding her duck in the can (I read on line that this can help). She appears to have no more symptoms of the IBS and I now can feed her other things. I am posting this about the diet in case anyone else has gone through something similar with their pet.
I am sorry for your loss and hope you can dwell on all the sweet memories of your precious kitty!
usamacka is offline   Reply With Quote