Old 03-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
usamacka
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to usamacka
I have plastic see through boxes for some of my yarns...but seems like there is NO ORDER in any of those anymore either!!! I am happy to hear from other readers here on the forum ....that we all struggle with this from time to time.
I have a large farmer's table that used to be in my kitchen on one wall. Attached to that is my swift and ball winder....measuring pad...and a few knitting machines that I attempt wire jewelry on...I have one small bookshelf that has the books I have bought and magazines. I have to make a decision on the shelving....I need to make the trip down to IKEA (about 30 miles on a busy highway I have no desire to go on!!!) or was thinking maybe office max (closer) might have something I could use....
Just the sorting through is helping now...I also need to redo my needle inventory. Currently my needles are in containers that fit in an expandable AARP bag!!! I bought the bunnykins knitting series off of ebay and would like to display those somewhere in the room preferably on a small shelf that my father built ...probably close to 60 years ago!
It will get done!!!
usamacka is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #12
claireweber
Working the Gusset

You're doing great! I nearly swoon at the thought of you using a farmer's table for the swift and winder.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
adichappo
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by usamacka View Post
I I need to make the trip down to IKEA (about 30 miles on a busy highway I have no desire to go on!!!)
You're lucky. The closest IKEA to me 2 1/2 hr drive (one way) and in another country.

Sound like you are making some great progress! I hope you post some pictures when it's done.
adichappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
Artchic528
1st Leg of the Journey

I applaud your attempts at organization. Its a huge task when the room in question resembles a mountain of stuff more so than what it was intended for.

I wish I could be more organized, but it never seems to work out. I usually take out more than I put back and the room looks like a tornado blew through at all times.

My grandmother was almost the same, but her collection of possessions were all treasures and held some sentimental or monetary value, or both. Her home was always neat and tidy though.

Maybe Ikea was a good idea. My closest Ikea is about 20-30 minutes away too, depending on traffic.

Oceanblue28 on Ravelry

So many things to knit, so little time!!
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #15
usamacka
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to usamacka
UPDATE ON KNITTING ROOM
I found an old china hutch at a thrift shop today....I have some ideas...and will be full at it this coming week ..hopefully with pictures!!!
Decided on this ...rather than shelving..
usamacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Oh, I love it! What an excellent idea, I am really looking forward to pictures.