Old 05-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #21
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,501 Times in 3,176 Posts
Hi Petyak and welcome to KnittingHelp!
Your shrug looks beautifully knit but I think there may be an error near where the sleeves are added. It looks to me like the shrug was knit from the lower left in the RS (first photo). Then it looks like the sleeves were addnd on one after the other instead of at the same time. Is that what happened?
Te directions are to
Cast on 5(6:7:8:9) sts at beg of next 8 rows. 88100:112:124:136) sts.
That means that you add sts at the beginning of the knit rows and the beginnning of the purl rows so that the sleeves grow on each side.
GrumpyGramma (05-30-2014)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-31-2014, 03:37 AM   #22
petyaK
Casting On

Thank you so much for the the fast answer! Yes, I added sts only from the RS... That`s why nothing gone. I feel really disapointed. So... I have to do all from the beginig?
And what about this part: "TENSION
18 sts and 24 rows to 10cm square over st-st using 5mm needles.", because I didn`t knit it, do I have to?
And what about the other part, are the other things right?
petyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:17 AM   #23
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,501 Times in 3,176 Posts
"TENSION
18 sts and 24 rows to 10cm square over st-st using 5mm needles.",

The description of tension helps you to make the size sweater that you'd like. If you're getting 18sts/4inches on a small test square of knitting called a swatch, then the size of the finished shrug will be as the pattern predicts. There's good information on swatches and gauge here (about 2/3 down the page). If you want, you can measure your tension on the part you've knit already.

The neck bind off looks good and the neck shaping (under the Divide for Fronts section) but you don't have the sleeve bind offs or maybe not in the right place. It's disappointing to have to rip out but if you go back to the start of the sleeve shaping adding sts for the sleeves on each side and then proced to the Divide for Fronts you should be ok. Come back if you're unsure and post more photos so we can see how it's coming along if you'd like. Take heart, we've all had to rip back on projects and so we understand how hard it is. It'll be worth it in the end.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #24
petyaK
Casting On

Thank you once again! I decided to rip out and start from the beginig... I hope this time to be ok... I`ll tell you how it`s going.
petyaK is offline   Reply With Quote